More Invasive Ads in Gmail?

Cobra

check out this screenshot of my spam folder. note that the picture next to the ad is simply because i have the BetterSearch extension.

adsingmail9in.th.png

without BetterSearch:

adsingmail21ty.th.png

however, i read a message from a google rep in a different forum saying that most of the time stuff like this is just an experiment and will be taken off quickly, simply to gauge user reaction.

EDIT: lmao, look at this ad in google. it promotes yahoo! :haha:

adsingmail36qo.th.png

Word has it Yahoo is going to 1Gb [or more] some day real soon.

No need for geemail in my book.

Yes they are. The official amount is 1Gb, although I wouldn't be supprised if they upped it because og Gmail. They said you should expect the increase sometime in May.

It seems kind of amazing IMO. Just around 2 years ago all you could get for free was between 2Mb-6Mb.

Word has it Yahoo is going to 1GB [or more] some day real soon.

No need for geemail in my book.

space isnt the only reason why gmail is better than yahoo mail. yahoos other services included with mail like integrated news and weather and such are cool, but when it gets down to it, gmails got more features and is easier to use.

idk, i think theyre like AdSense, only different. i read an article saying that google was going to start changing the way AdWords and stuff, but i didnt think that meant something like adding ads like this. i guess these are sorta okay, though, since they take up less space than the former ads did. they are more invasive though, since theyre right in the center of the screen.

and i posted screenshots of them, so u should be able to get a fair idea of how they look.

Well I have like a 2 gig yahoo email and I never us it lol! I got it basically free with my yahoo dsl and they upped it along time ago probably like a year ago! You all remeber when they up the free email well when they did that they upped me to like 2 gig so I had that before any gmail!

nvm, theyre not ads, theyre just a new feature of gmail. a really cool one btw. :D

clips.gif

Clips appear at the top of your Inbox. In addition to Google Sponsored Links and Gmail tips, you can display clips from blogs, news sites, and other online sources by adding from the link below.  Learn more

the 'ads' i was seeing were just the couple of default ones they have i guess just to make sure u notice the new feature or something. this looks awesome! :D