Wireless bridge between two routers

sproe

I have a Netgear wireless/4 port router in the living room with a connection to my cable modem and 2 computers connected by ethernet.  In a back room I have two servers that are currently connected to the network with wireless cards.  I'm getting ready to set up two more computers in the back room.  I have another ethernet router (Microsoft) that I would like to use in the back room to connect those 4 computer by ethernet.  Could I then use one of them with both an ethernet connection and a wireless connection to act as a bridge between the living room and the back room so that all computers can reach each other?

Ideas on a better solution?  The two routers are too far apart to cable together.

Thanks.

--Sandy

No, right now there is just the Netgear router which includes both wireless and wired.  I could just get more wireless adapters and connect everything that way, but the network in the back is primarily servers and I'd like to increase performance there with a wired network.  I tried connecting the 2nd wired-only network yesterday and using one of the servers with both a wired connection to the 2nd network and a wireless connection to the 1st network to act as a bridge between the two, but I must be missing something.  The server with the two cards can see all the machines on both networks but nothing on the first network can see anything on the second.  Would possibly another wireless/wired router in the back set to be just an access point be a better bridge?

--Sandy

Thanks.  I just upgraded the server with the 2 cards from W2K to W2K3 server and I was able to bridge the 2 cards.  Some other issues to resolve with the domain controller (probably a MAC problem, but I think this just might be the answer.  Thank you everyone for providing enough clues.

• 1 month later...

Ok I didn't want to start a new thread because I wasn't sure I understand this one right :(. but... here goes....

Is it possible to have two wireless routers connected to each other?  I'll explain; The modem is in the upstairs of the house connected to a Linksys wireless router, not sure which model #.  Is it possible to have my D-link DI-524 connect to it wirelessly which will be in the downstairs of the house in an apartment?  So that I could use the 4 hardwired ports for the computers and PS2 that will be down there?

And if I understood this thread right; it is possible I just have to get a wireless card for one of the PC's?  Or would I even be able to use a laptop that has a wireless card and hardwire port?

Help lol I'm so confused hehe :)  Any help would be great ^^

Thank you ;)