is it gonna work?

ooooooook, well i got 2 computers now and 1 comcast internet 4mb and a cable modem now :cool:

My Desiring : to use the connection between both the computers but no idea how i do that with less expense.

Tech Spec: 1) Both computer has lan card installed and usb ports,

2) Modem has two output pin. a lan port and a usb port.

I Know : usb gives slower speed than ethernet port but hey! if it worked i wouldnt need to pay a penny for another connection.

My Question: to u all experts out there is.... "IS IT GONNA WORK?" hehe thats wot the subject says too. and now ur turn to speak...

I'm guessing you have a Motorola modem. I have a SB4220 You can use up to 31 users on ethernet plus one on usb at the same time. I'm guessing you're connecting one computer on ethernet and the other via usb. With Comcast  you have to pay extra for a second IP address. If you get a router, both computers share the same external IP address. Also usb isn't made for internet connections.

If you do decide to connect that way I don't think the computers would be able to talk to each other.

I'm guessing you have a Motorola modem. I have a SB4220 You can use up to 31 users on ethernet plus one on usb at the same time. I'm guessing you're connecting one computer on ethernet and the other via usb. With Comcast  you have to pay extra for a second IP address. If you get a router, both computers share the same external IP address. Also usb isn't made for internet connections.

If you do decide to connect that way I don't think the computers would be able to talk to each other.

best thing to do is get a router. and also go wired not wireless  (if you get a router) usb connection is pretty slow and sucks http://www.linksys.com/products/

As far as i know you can not use both the USB and the lan connection at the same time... You there is no real difference between the Lan and USB connection.. because the speeds that this modem is used for is less than the 12Mbps speed of usb 1.1..  So you could connect it to you computer then run a cat5 cross over cable to the other pc...  This means that you are going to have to have one pc on to have the other one work...

A router takes out the need for the other pc to be on..  Wired is fast.. 100Mbps.. which you will never see on your connection.. However an 802.11g is 54Mbps.. this is still fast enough for you to share the connection with out seeing a huge speed loss... You are going to have to configure it correctly so that there isnt a gap but that isnt that big of a deal..  I would say if you are confortable i would run the ethernet cables.. how ever if you dont want to run the cables but want the router go with a linksys or dlink router...  The only plus for the ethernet is the extra speed and the more advanced features such as streaming video over the network..