DW 7000 series announced

presleyhome

I would read more into it if I was you.....

The DW7000 family initially consists of two offerings: the DW7700 for high-end enterprise and government applications; and the DW7000 for lower end business requirements. The product line is ideally suited for organizations that require ubiquitous broadband coverage and always-on Internet connections, and that use bandwidth-intensive applications ranging from two-way video to large data files attached to e-mails.

What does this mean? hmmmm, how about screw the home user!!! You think our speed will increase? NO..... I dont think so, will most likely go down with the usage from the more bandwidth hungry systems.

The product line is ideally suited for organizations that require ubiquitous broadband coverage and always-on Internet connections, and that use bandwidth-intensive applications ranging from two-way video to large data files attached to e-mails

LMAO, yeh right,..... Always on......HOLD.... What about the FAP? bandwidth intensive? ok if its one small file I suppose.....LOL

I would read more into it if I was you.....

What does this mean? hmmmm, how about screw the home user!!! You think our speed will increase? NO..... I dont think so, will most likely go down with the usage from the more bandwidth hungry systems.

I hear that S**T... :haha: :haha:

The thing is hear, dont go getting excited about something your not going to have, unless you pay the BIG $$$$ for it..... but your already in a contract, I guess they would renew it for a 7000 system.

I think Hughes has to do something to compete.  The cable industry just announced new upgrades for their system which will increase speed by 1600%.  Next generation of cable modems to hit the street in 2008.  (USA Today 4-25-05 http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2005-04-05-speed-usat_x.htm).  My buddy at work has Insight Broadband.  He's hitting 375k D/Ls consistently and considering the extra few bucks for their Broadband-512k.  He claims to have never hit a FAP or GB download limit.  Short of hosting a website, he's the heaviest bandwidth user I know.

What ever happened to the electrical company's entrance into all of this?  Besides phone, that's the only wire hanging on the pole in front of my house.

Satellite internet is still experimental at best. The funniest thing for me is when I see people bash DW and promise Wild Blue will be better. I know how the testing has proved out for WB. I know how the testing has gone for DW. Unless something changes, right now there is no race...

We're all here on DW because we have no other choice, period. Before DW I had a telephone connection leased into the next county for $85 bucks per month, and AOL dialup for another $24 month, total of $109 for dialup! Charter has finally arrived here but at the end of a 10 mile line it's not much better than dialup. :roll:

I figure I

Satellite internet is still experimental at best. The funniest thing for me is when I see people bash DW and promise Wild Blue will be better. I know how the testing has proved out for WB. I know how the testing has gone for DW. Unless something changes, right now there is no race...

We're all here on DW because we have no other choice, period. Before DW I had a telephone connection leased into the next county for $85 bucks per month, and AOL dialup for another $24 month, total of $109 for dialup! Charter has finally arrived here but at the end of a 10 mile line it's not much better than dialup. :roll:

I figure I

Hello everyone. This is my first time here. I'm having Directway installed on Wednesday. I'm just hoping to do better than the 17 kb's I get now. I've suffered through this for 10 years. I really hate the idea of paying so much. Is there any pointers I may need in regards to when they install it.

Hello everyone. This is my first time here. I'm having DirecWay installed on Wednesday. I'm just hoping to do better than the 17 kb's I get now. I've suffered through this for 10 years. I really hate the idea of paying so much. Is there any pointers I may need in regards to when they install it.

Welcome to the forum ickyvicky,

The main thing when they install is that the dish and cable (with a cable block) gets grounded well. Static is one of the worst enemies on a DW setup. Don't let the installer leave until you get a good ground! Most of the installers are good but occasionally you get a bad one. Also the dish needs to be mounted securely with NO movement and a clear path to the satellite. IE; trees, lines. And of course, the best possible signal..

Hello everyone. This is my first time here. I'm having DirecWay installed on Wednesday. I'm just hoping to do better than the 17 kb's I get now. I've suffered through this for 10 years. I really hate the idea of paying so much. Is there any pointers I may need in regards to when they install it.

Yeh tell them not to install it! LMAO

I seem to hear such bad things on here about DirecWay but I had Comcast and it was down twice as much as dway + although it was fast some of the time during peak hours it was only 200k download and 80k upload . even with the DW 6000 I am always above a 1000 k down and 124 up .also when I did have a couple of days that dway did not work when I called they took off half of my bill .and with the contract I signed they can not raise my rates and in only the last 12 months Comcast went up 5 times here in albuquerque atleast on my bill. and if you called to complain about service they would never credit my bill so dway may not be for everyone but I think it is great ......

I seem to hear such bad things on here about DirecWay but I had Comcast and it was down twice as much as dway + although it was fast some of the time during peak hours it was only 200k download and 80k upload . even with the DW 6000 I am always above a 1000 k down and 124 up .also when I did have a couple of days that dway did not work when I called they took off half of my bill .and with the contract I signed they can not raise my rates and in only the last 12 months Comcast went up 5 times here in albuquerque atleast on my bill. and if you called to complain about service they would never credit my bill so dway may not be for everyone but I think it is great ......

Your test results on this web site does not back your story !! (Always above 1000/128) Your results are posted below...looks to me like your exagerating

But the value of any service has to be judged on more than one thing.true at times Comcast was as much as twice as fast as dway but the treatment and shear Arrogance of Comcast makes the switch well worth it .and between the hours of 4:00 pm and midnight my cable connection was at a crawl.if I cared about online gaming it would be different but since I use this connection mostly for work it suits me fine?~dwayspeed2.JPG&secure=72223

Hi my connection speeds are good 700k down and 225k up .I have the DirecWay 6000 system with a home account. do I use a router or something else to reach my 802.11 nic in my other computer?

If you want accurate results here at testmy is where to find them. I have yet to see uploads always above 124 with DirecWay.....seeing the average for the host is around 45up. Obviously there are faster accounts so if your getting 225 up you should be getting much better than 700 down? Home account always above 124up....I would like to see post of test results of that from testmy using the med size file at different times of the day using DW6000/home account. Thanks!