Earthlink Cabel..San Antonio

I Just Tested My desktop...I using linksys g wireless desktop card and running 2 ps2 which are both online right now, i'll test my wireless notebook later and i'll test with only one everything else offline......Oh and if theres anyway i can make faster could u guys tell me thx

Your connection is: 2936 Kbps (about 2.9 Mbps)

You downloaded at: 358 KB/sec

Your TRuSPEED

:lol: start reading some of the tweaking guides on this site... You have a solid connection and I am not sure how much faster you can really get... The really fast connections are mostly from our friends overseas who have fiber optic connection... The US is moving toward that but it is going to take a lot of time.. By the way welcome to the forum and keep posting.. You are going to learn a lot about this stuff in the near future..! :lol:8)

What is means is that the ISP sends a config file to your modem and tells it what the max speed allowed on the network is... So if you have a 1500/256 connection you will get a config file to limit your speed to that... Now some times you will get faster than that but that is just a bandwidth flex in the system... Most of the time the ISP will be nice and give their customers a faster speed as long as the network isnt overloaded... But when the network slow down because everyone is downloading movie, mp3, ect. they enforce the speed policy and make it so that you are limited to exactly what you pay for.... Now when cable modems first came out you could use a software crack to remove the speed cap but that was over 6 years ago... And now that is illegal and you will go to jail for that little act... As far as speeding up you connection on your end there a few things that you can do... mess with the rwin, keep your computer clean, and keep your computer up todate with drivers... If you want a faster connection like a lot faster be prepaired to spend the $$

Usually when i start to bellyache about my upload speed, i get flashbacks of 45-minute upload times for a single mp3 on aol2.5...& that was a good day when the dial-up didn't drop dead several times an hour :D:D

but yes i will always complain about these upstream caps because they suck lol

cheers~!

-JxL