firefox

ncboy20

I wouldn't remove IE if I were you.  I use firefox as well but I do sometimes run into websites that has poor programming sk33lz that require IE to navigate.  Although it's a really rare occasion, but I do sometimes run into those type of web sites.  Just leave IE there and set firefox as your default browser ^_^.  Enjoy firefox! peace out

• 2 weeks later...

You actually can remove IE from your computer, I accidentally did this once on my old computer and i didn't have another web browser installed.....

But yeah all I had to do was goto control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs  and you can find it there...

Edit: once you get to that menu, click remove windows components.

Couldn't edit for some reason..ahh well double post :-P

I was thinking of switching to FF but found a great add on browser for IE. Its called Avant, check it out here http://www.avantbrowser.com/index.html

It is alot faster than IE and has the security of FF, a ton of great options and skins. I am very happy with this. Does it get any better than more speed than IE and as secure as FF... I don't think so :D

Oh damn... thank you.. if u find out something that can remove IE, let me know right away thanks

Almost all windows crap uses IE .. If you remove it youll be ub3r sorry.. I made a custom version of windows XP , takign out all of the crap i didnt want, including IE, and it was a BIG mistake... needless to say that cd went out the window

I would remove IE from Add/Remove Windows Components (even thought it will still keep the IE code intact and fully functional) it will remove the icons cleanly. Then set Fire-fox to your default browser (simple and clean).

I personally use IE for trusted sites and FIREFOX for un-trusted sites.

I would remove IE from Add/Remove Windows Components (even thought it will still keep the IE code intact and fully functional) it will remove the icons cleanly. Then set Fire-fox to your default browser (simple and clean).

This is how I have my computer set up.