Losing Connection...Comcast

check your splitters in your house i had the same problme with adelphia and it turned out to be my splitter's you have to have 1000MHz and 6DB and a bidirectional splitter for it to work correct check this one out http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F010%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2587 i replaced all my splitters in my house with these and never had the problme again.

check your splitters in your house i had the same problme with adelphia and it turned out to be my splitter's you have to have 1000MHz and 6DB and a bidirectional splitter for it to work correct check this one out http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F010%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2587 i replaced all my splitters in my house with these and never had the problme again.

It might be a little different on Comcast. They splitter they put on my net connection was 1000Mhz but it was 3.5dB not 6. The connections to my two tv's are 7dB, I think, with an amp on each tv line.

I am experiencing the same problem in Connecticut.  Connection keeps going  down ever since the DNS server problem of mid April.  Comcast is being very sly about it as I have called at least 6 times  and they act as if they are not aware of the problem.  I 'm usually on between 7:00 and 11:00 PM EST and I have Benn losing the connection for up to an hour several times  each night for the last two weeks.