FIOS Business plans

KingCobra

No ports are blocked on the static plans.  Port 80 is still blocked on the dynamic plan.  In fact, for that reason, there's no reason to ever purchase the dynamic business plan unless you want the business desk tools, separate billing and dial-up access.

No ports are blocked on the static plans. Port 80 is still blocked on the dynamic plan. In fact, for that reason, there's no reason to ever purchase the dynamic business plan unless you want the business desk tools, separate billing and dial-up access.

I've read that port 80 is used for HTTP traffic (read: web browsing). How do you use the 'net if it's blocked? Does Verizon give you certian software?

I am hosting my websites...not with 80 though. .. I use all secure channels... better for security and a way around the block on port 80.

To answer the other guys question about blocking port 80... they block it incoming on port 80. Not sure how they do it... maybe something having to do with the next hop address from my external IP is 10.5.3.1 err something like that... so they are doing some sort of redirect natting or something.

I am hosting my websites...not with 80 though. .. I use all secure channels... better for security and a way around the block on port 80.

To answer the other guys question about blocking port 80... they block it incoming on port 80. Not sure how they do it... maybe something having to do with the next hop address from my external IP is 10.5.3.1 err something like that... so they are doing some sort of redirect natting or something.

netmasta