30 Msps

Receive Polarization:

Horizontal

Transmit Polarization:

Horizontal

22KHz Tone:

Off

Router Address:

tthose are my specs and it does happen at all times I have never seen it stay steady as long as Ive had the dw6000

i think 30KB/s is your actual download speed... 200KB/s is just a good burst... my record burst speed was about 15MB/s for 2 seconds. (yes, i downloaded 30MB in 2 seconds) then it dropped to a semi-typical 80KB/s or so... DW6000 btw...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 472 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 58 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Sat Apr 30 2005 16:35:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB download in 17.66 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 59.67 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CV4ZTQHOF

i have tcp optimizer, is there a standard I should work with or does this not work wittn dw6000, also I have my dw600 connected to a linksys wireless g router is this a problem?

I have a dw6000 with a home account every time I download something my tranfer rate stars at 200+kbs then drops dow to 30kbs or so Is this fixable?

:icon_pale:

max transfer/download is about 168 meg per 4 hour peroid. if you exceed download in 4 hour peroid, you are flagged and your speed continues to drop if you try to download "big" file,game,etc. you recover "top" speed after about 8-10 hours of slow download/surfing speeds. you are being punished for being a usage hog. the "good" news is; off peak hours the download mb is extended to 250 mb.

I am also experiencing strange download speed. I believe it is on direcways end. Give it a few days. They are doing server stuff. They are changing the new birds to be able to accept the new modem to come on line.

I am also experiencing strange download speed. I believe it is on Di recWays end. Give it a few days. They are doing server stuff. They are changing the new birds to be able to accept the new modem to come on line.

hi. this is openlens and your problem is you have attempted to download what you paid for, large downloads, fast surfing ,etc. go to your my mydirecway.com sign in and look at usage. scroll down the page until you start seeing "yes" on the far right hand side of the list. there is flags limiting your download speeds and it gets worse. the more you try to download the longer the time to download. dway calls this the fair usage rule and you have been "sic" identified as a bandwave hog and are being punished for doing what you paid for. download big files in half the time, surf fast, etc. the punishment ends in 8-10 hours according to tech support. this rule of sharing has nothing to do with server maintenance. it has to do with limited bandwith shared by lots of people. to have unlimited download time etc, you need a business account. so be good, pay your 60.00 a month and enjoy slow downloads. peace. openlen

Crispy Niggets,

Not sure if this will help but your receive and transmit polarization is horizontal and horizontal.  Usually this is vertical and horizontal, although this is not always the case.  You may want to verify your cross pol is supposed to be set this way.  If your cross pol is off it can have an impact on latency.

Also, I think you are on satmex5 which is dways most loaded bird.  It wouldn't hurt to ask to be moved to another bird, although your chances of being moved may not be that good.

Openlens, I am very well aware of the FAP policy. I am not FAP'ed, Sometimes it is on Direcways end. My problem was not downloading large files. I had not downloaded any large files. Just surfing. I have not heard of anyone who has got FAP'ed just surfing.