Low Bandwidth with router (BEFSR41) AGAIN :(

Today my bandwidth was really low. I found out when I'm directly connected to the modem my bandwidth is from 4.3 to 4.8 Mbps but when I'm connected through the router my bandwidth is from 1.8 to 2.2 Mbps. I have two computers and one xbox on the router. I don't know what is causing this problem. Can anyone help?

That's weird, I tested my bandwidth this morning with the router and its back to normal, but I still reset the router back to default just incase. Do you think its getting over heated or something? Thanks for the help peepnklown , BTW is this normal (Terayon TJ715 Diagnostics Page):

1239yk.jpg

WTF, I'm back with the same problem, just like yesterday as soon as it hits 6pm, I lose connection after 5min it comes back on with a bandwidth of 2Mbps. I tried everything that you said, but I stil have the problem. When I connect directly to the cable modem, my bandwidth is fine, so it has to be my router.

If you want to give it one more try, call the maker of your router, tell them what you have done so far, (keep at them because they will try to get you to do steps you have already done), sadly I forget the setting that helped me after I did everything I have told you. They will run through a bunch of things. It might be a bad router (which would be easy) but give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...