Help with online console gaming

I have Comcast Cable 4.0/384 and when I test my speeds here I consistently get about what I should.  For reference, here are the latest tests:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 4032 Kbps about 4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 492 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Thu May 5 12:28:31 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 72X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.08 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 13 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-JBM3VR6OU

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 378 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Thu May 5 12:29:56 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 22.26 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 11.5 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FUBJ54AV9

Despite these good speeds, I always have problems when playing Xbox Live (Microsoft Xbox's online gaming service).  My connection is as good as or even better than most people I play with, but I suffer greatly from lag/latency issues.  Since first experiencing these problems I have...

Changed my Xbox (I have 2)

Changed my ISP from Verizon DSL to Comcast Cable (the Comcast is significantly faster)

Bypassed my router and plugged my cable modem (a Motorola from Comcast) directly into the game console

The only thing I have not done that I can think of is replace the Ethernet cord from the Xbox to the modem.  But I have no idea if/how/why that would do anything different.  So does anyone have any thoughts as to why I am having such problems?

Do you have any other upload hogging programs running on your computer,because your upload is more than enough for XBox Live,and usually to experience lag,you have to be uploading atleast half of your upload bandwidth while playing

assuming you have windows... d/l this file, extract, and run autocheck.bat, paste the results here...

Log created by AutoCheck.bat on Thu 05/05/2005

Pinging testmy.net [67.18.179.85] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=48

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=48

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=48

Reply from 67.18.179.85: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 67.18.179.85:

well, your ping looks good, and its stable... thats good, i guess, but it means something else is wrong...

in the same file i had you download, run check.bat:

1> enter the name or ip of the server(s) you connect to (if you know them... if not, dont even bother doing this...)

2> y

3> C:halo2servers.log

open the log file and copy and paste the results here

I did a google search for the IP address of the Xbox Live servers and had no luck.  I am not 100% sure of the Xbox Live architecture, but I do know that Halo 2 games are played in something of a peer-to-peer format.  One person's Xbox is the host; there is no actual gaming server for this particular game.  I am sure there are servers invloved - The Halo manufacturers servers keep track of stats and do the in game matchmaking (where you get paired up with other online players of similar skill levels) and I am sure the Xbox Live servers are also involved in some manner. 

We all understand that everyone is at the mercy of the host with Halo 2.  What I don't understand is why my connection is worse than others when my connection speed is as good or better than theirs.

The only thing that I have not replaced is the patch cable from the modem to the Xbox, so I think I may as well give that a shot.