Cable In INDIA . is it really like this outside?

Guest elliot1234

Guest elliot1234

:cry:

im in India and have really sucky net

well im on somekinda lan and i connect to internet thru a gateway

well this is probably getting me problems in downloading torrents.

can anyone help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well there is a easy way out. juz call ur isp and get ur ports opened (most likely 6881-6999). . india must be be most backward in terms of speed. the max available is 512kbps . and there is a catch in every package.

the common catch is the speed . i.e the most standard speed 64 kbps is actually 64kbps dwnld speed . 64kbps= 48kbps dwnld +16kbps upload.

and the quality of service is so gud that i dont hav net conn for atleast 5 days a month.

thn adding to my woes . there is juz 1 operator in my locality. i.e a MONOPOLY ,  so i cannot even argue with him . i pay Rs 800 ($18.18) for a 64kbps connection.

a rainy day and my net goes berserk for 2-3 days. neways the government of AP proposed a hi-speed broadband (around 10mbps) each connection to be finished by feb 2006. but who trusts the government. the project may be scraped mid-way.

• 2 weeks later...

switched from dialup to broadband, trying SIFY cable which hurt as speed varied, tried VSNL direct broadband and got download/upload of 103/129 kbps instead of the promised max 512 kbps. can we do better? when? this week, month, year, decade, century?