FAD Team

Yeah seti is cool to. But since cancer is common in my family i opted for a program that uses your computer to help people. FAD is also 100% stable and doesn't interfere with anything, you can even game with it running and not notice it!. Not sayin that seti isn't but i have tried a few other programs that were a pain in the ass.

Seti i have read is scheduled to come to a end soon also? Do you know about this?

People lie who? *confused lol

It uses whatever CPU cycles are available. Very well written and it backs off as soon as you need your CPU for something. I can game and not even notice it.

No it doesn't leave your computer open for attack in anyway. It only connects to the internet when it needs a new job. The jobs are like 50 KB or something. The jobs are encrypted and scanned before they are sent to ensure no viruses can be hidden in them.

If i get enough interest and CA3LE likes the idea i will start a team. ;)

Awesome PHP :D

To be honest, I have been helping in the search for ET so that they can solve all of Humankind's problems.

OK, seriously, I would join the FAD team also.

Seti@Home has gotten over 2 yrs of my cpu time.

It is time to use the cpu for a better cause.

Does this program run as the screensaver like seti@home does?

My seti@home stats:

if i had a desktop i would do it

seti or FAD team or anything like that

just like making use of the resources i have

but with a laptop, and only one room, im sorry guys

dont want to go crazy with the noize of my laptop :)

do u want me to go crazy?

It doesn't run as a screensaver really. You can watch the graphic if you like or you can hide it. It crunches faster with it hidden. You can also install FAD as a service so its completely hidden. So far this is enough interest for me. I will PM CA3LE and ask him about it. We will need a FAD forum so we need the Grandpubbas go ahead :D

S1. lets say you are listening to music and winamp is using 3% CPU power. FAD will use the other 97% of your CPU power to bombard cancer molecules with drug molecules to find ones that bind to it. Therefore helping find potential drugs to help combat it. ;)