Is it possible?

php

Ok, recently, i made a complete backup of a hard drive and then wiped it out and reinstalled everything.  Is it possible for me to recover saved MSN and AIM passwords from the backup?  I know its possible on a running system and i have done it before, but can I recover the passwords from a backup?

i just that about AIM... i at least need the MSN password if possible, but i need a program that can read from a registry in a different folder and unencode the MSN password...

because i dont know the answer to my own question... kindof pathetic...

AIM sends your password to the email address you registered with, which is the one im trying to access

Oh I see. My syster does the same thing with her passwords. She saves it as auto-logon and forgets her password when she needs it.

So you forgot the password to your e-mail address too, I'm guessing. If it's an ISP e-mail address, e.g.: AOL, I think you can call them, then they can reset your e-mail/user ID password. I'm not sure exactly how they do it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say yes.  IT IS POSSIBLE but you would have to speak with a moderator in order to properly and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) legal way to recover lost passwords.  Despite the fac of constant INTERNET hackers out there, I highly doubt that you would have ANY trouble retrieveing your lost or *sorry to say* STOLEN password(s)  Hopefully, its not more than  2 or 3 passwords because if you ask me, honestly having more than 2 or 3 passwords WOULD be hard to remember.  :whaa:  :whaa:  :whaa:  :whaa:  :whaa:

Guest donjunior1

Um not to start anything i KNOW im not the only one, In my young years of yahoo flooding and trying to learn how to hack i ran into programs that aslong as you know the user name it will turn those lil black dots to passwords like a dicriptor i thing thats what i searched in goggle yahoo for ill try to look for them but ill tell you it was a BIT$H dodgeing those trojans but it was worth it it did work for yahoo mail or at least thats what my friend says :cool: