New service option for Comcast People

Swimmer

Comcast has decided to go with the tier system to give customers who need the extra speed more options... Becided the 3 mb free upgrade with the 256kb upload there is now going to be a 4 mb package with 384kbs upload... The price is about $10 per month extra for the new package... Current areas who have this upgrade package available include... Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. However, all markets will have this available by September.

Include with this anouncement was that the people over at comcast has increased the mailbox size from 10mb to 250mb... Which means that if you use all 7 email accounts you have a total storage size of 1.75 gigs... That is up from the 70mb... :lol:

"Our guiding principle is to maximize the value that our customers receive from their Comcast High-Speed Internet connection. Speed is a critical component, but overall value can only be measured when you consider speed in relation to what that speed enables," stated Greg Butz, senior vice president of marketing & business development for Comcast Online. "At Comcast, we are continuously working to improve every aspect of the broadband Internet experience: speed; network performance; content and content management and services; security; and customer support."

Hmm... lets hope that Comcast can keep setting the industry standard...

Include with this anouncement was that the people over at Comcast has increased the mailbox size from 10mb to 250mb... Which means that if you use all 7 email accounts you have a total storage size of 1.75 gigs... That is up from the 70mb... :lol:

What's the maximum size per e-mail? 2 MB or so? :evil:

not that large... if you read the first post the new email inbox is 250mb per email address... So if you use all 7 free email address you have 1.75gigs of online storage... :lol::roll:

I didn't meant that. I know the maximum size per email address, but not the maximum size per email. For example, Chello has a maximum of 10 MB (booo) per mailbox, and limits the size of the emails to 5 MB.

Well this will be my first post here. As a Comcast customer I already got there new package. Know as Home networking not only does it give you the4mb down and 384k up load. With this package comes a wireless linkysy router connecting up to 5 computers. They also give you a 5 ip block of addies for that 10 dollars. By the way here are my results

Connection is:: 3753 Kbps about 3.8 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is:: 458 KB/sec

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 67 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.24 second(s)

Connection is: 404 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Upload Speed is: 49 KB/sec

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line: 7 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 20.9 second(s)

I also heard about the mail box size being increased.

I do not remember what the max size of E-mail is though.

There is also a rumor here in WA that they are looking at increasing the upload to 512

But I doubt that

not sure why my D/L test here shows so low I test almost anywere else and getting 3994k

Yeah the upload is great for hosting games

BOA_ELF

p.s on the max E-mail size I know it atleast 2 megs because I got one just over that and have sent one that large

Well I found your answer to the E-mail size question

Is there a limit on the size of the files that I attach to my e-mail messages?

Prior to sending an e-mail message with a large attachment, please be sure that the recipient can accept the message. If your message is larger than the recipient's e-mail box size limit, the message will be rejected. With your Comcast e-mail accounts, the e-mail attachment file size limit is 10MB.

When a file is attached to an e-mail message, it increases in size. This is due to the fact that there is overhead created during the encoding process, which can cause your attachments to increase up by up to 30%. Therefore it is unlikely that you will be able to attach a file that is larger than 7.6MB to an e-mail. In addition, the more messages you have stored in your mailbox, the smaller your maximum file attachment size will be, so it's a good idea to download all of your e-mail messages prior to sending a large file.

~S~ BOA_ELF

7.6 Mb. That was the answer I was looking for. This limit is what makes huge mailboxes so pointless, as you need to receive alot of mail before it fills up. The advantage is that you never have to care for mailbox size.