LAN problem

During the past two months I have gotten a problem with my LAN and will like to know if anyone can help or might know what the problem might be.Three months ago when I would transfer a file from my PC to my laptop,it would trnasfer at a rate of 3000-4000KB/s and now during the past two months it only goes at a measly 46KB/s,thats like a normal upload to another user lol.

What might be the problem,can it be signal interference,something with the ports,or something im not aware of?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it,because it makes it a hassle to transfer something to my laptop :(

How's your internet download speed?  Have you checked your cables to be sure they are jacked in tight?  If you changed network settings, hardware  when the problem began, set the speed/duplex to 100 full duplex (Actually, anything but autonegotiate or autodetect).  Let us know.

Thanks for the response,and to answer your question,my speeds are still normal,sometimes above average lol,all the wires are jacked in good,i am set at 100 full.The onlything I can think of is maybe when I upgraded firmware on the router,or maybe my pc speakers might be interfering,if thats possible,or maybe even my cordless phone lol.Could that be it?

What kind of router are you running?  If it's a wireless router, I would agree with Netmasta.  You can try throttling back one of the machines to 100 half duplex or 10 half duplex and see if that might cure it.  I've had the same problem on d-link hubs in the past.

It could defiantly be a cordless phone. Some cordless phones and most newer routers both run on the 2.4GHz range. Try moving the router or phone, and then check your speeds again.

About how far do I have to move them,cuz my phone is 2.4GHz lol and its about 3-4 feet away

your gettin 3-4 mb wireless? wtf....  Im using the same router, wired and transfers never exceeded 2.1 mbs.. I DoS'd my computer via lan and got 8.9 / 11 mbs but thats the only way.. Somethigns wrong here :mad:

I have a wireless linksys router,and do u think if I set it back to half it might work?

Couldn't hurt to try.  Problem I had was the communication was just about perfect asynchronous, causing huge packet loss due to max collisions at the hub.

Couldn't hurt to try.  Problem I had was the communication was just about perfect asynchronous, causing huge packet loss due to max collisions at the hub.

Ok I tried it and so far it actually seems to be working fine for now :haha:

Hopefully it stays like this,and btw thx everyone for your help,I really appreciate it :D