Carrollton / Dallas - Any slow down

Ronnie1055

Hey Gang...

Anyone noticed a slow down in the DFW / Carrollton area??  I have dropped from around 15.8 download to around 13.7... my upload is about normal at 1.9.  It really doesn't matter what time of day I have checked... it's all pretty consistent.

Ideals / suggestions??? :?

I'm good but I might be on a different network since I moved to the static plan.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 15451 Kbps about 15.5 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1886 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Fri May 13 13:21:58 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 276X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.54 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 408.42 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-COY41WDNA

Hey Gang...

Anyone noticed a slow down in the DFW / Carrollton area??  I have dropped from around 15.8 download to around 13.7... my upload is about normal at 1.9.  It really doesn't matter what time of day I have checked... it's all pretty consistent.

Ideals / suggestions??? :?

Hey Ronnie, I just checked mine, and it is still normal (15.5 / 1.8 ).  I have never gotten 15.8 or 1.9, but mine has not dropped to 13-14.  Is it still like that?  Weird.

SuperG03

Just to satisfy my mind I called the FIOS customer support on Friday...  pretty good experience.  Not even close to comparing what I went through with Comcast.  The only test they will really go by is their own which in infospeed.verizon.net.  I spend about 30 minutes on the phone with them... they did some various testing and had me do some tests.

The only one I have really tested against in the past few months has been here.  I am still getting some weird readings.  I checked this morning from work (here) and really got some weird readings... we are 10/10 and I was only showing about ~5.9m and about ~8.2m at speakeasy.  A while back I was getting some weird reading at this site and starting testing without the progress bar and my results were back good... now it doesn't matter.

So... I don't know what is up.  Really can't noticed any slowdown... now it's just the mental thing knowing the speed test are showing slower speeds... :?

Cheers,

Ronnie