So which scanner should I get?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12085&type=page&sc=Computers&qs=scanner&cp=1&sp=BRAND_NM&mipp=25&uq=Scanner&_requestid=36313

check out that page, not sure which to get, but it's gotta be an hp, unless another is better for cheaper, but not around $1000, I'm thinking highest $200.

thanks in advance everyone!  :)

Indestructable, I've got an old HP ScanJet 6300c, its a 1200 dpi one pass scanner with a doc feeder and slide adapter, its USB and SCSI. This thing has been flawless for four years. This was an expensive scanner in its day, you can still find them used on ebay. I also have a HP 4070, has twice the resolution and scans faster than the 6300c.The 4070 can be had for a little over $100.

Depends on what you're going to do with it. I really thought I needed the higher res, but turns out I still use the 6300 for most every thing. Mostly scanning in pix from the old family photo albums. Most of those pictures were taken in the 40s 50s 60s with cheap cameras, so the print isn't a real hi-res to begin with.

Unless you're doing commercial graphics work, just about any $100~$200 scanner will satisfy all your needs. I know you said you want to go with HP, but you should also take a look at the Canon models. I think my next scanner, as wll as my next printer, will be Canon

B

check out that page, not sure which to get, but it's gotta be an hp, unless another is better for cheaper, but not around $1000, I'm thinking highest $200.

here ya go if you really want an hp that has some pretty good quality (not saying that it's the best) then try looking at this hp model

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6194085&type=product&id=1067391172041

• 2 weeks later...