Cox Speeds ONLY!!!!!!!

dn0

share2-UBGO1CTK5

I've got Premiere Plus 25/2 @ $80/mn and don't be knocked out by most big numbers you see--typically they're Speedtest Vegas or San Diego and don't mean much.  I've got a Moto SB6120 DOCSIS 3 cable modem; anybody ready to buy one, reply to this and I'll tell you why you need the soon-to-be-released SB6180.

Regards

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

I have been a Cox comm. customer for a little over 5yrs. they have been doing big system upgrades through out the infrastructure in my area CT out of their R.I. area. I pay for 50Mbps, had been getting that for as long as it had been bumped up from 25Mbps in a double the speed campaign. However , over a month or 5weeks my download speeds deteriorated to between 300Kbps-4Mbps and stayed in this super low niche for a month. I had all sorts of home tech visits who could do nothing. nothing wrong with my equipment no matter how much they tried to point the finger in that direction. I had used 3 sites to log my up/download speeds over 4yrs, too.  so , know there was a problem not to mention that plain web pages took forever to load and i am the only user here, I over bought, a tier above what might have been deemed necessary for my normal daily messing around

Now, after the month, i got a tech come out and said he needed to run all new wire/cable from teh lock box, which is 300' from my apartment and goes inside along the interior of a bunch of conjoined buildings attached blocks of condos.

My speeds and tv quality(which had also deteriorated terrribly in the month) got a lot better, yet I am still only logging a max of 35Mbps  on test my net, though speed of me is often around and a little over the 50Mbps. i do get some under 50, but 40-50Mbps. speedtest is constantly way out of range even with the terrible packet loss , dead download channels4 &5 of my 8downsteam channels showed as dead with the tech here. still speed test by ookla showed a download speed of over 60Mbps. something wrong there, no idea what or how they work.

I do not know why testmy net is now only getting me the 30-36Mbps top with at least 40% of the latest tests over the 3days since my calbe was changed and upgraded to rg11 business grade i am getting 24-26Mbps.

I dont know who to believe nor do i understand how my 5yrs worth of consistant top level performance from cox deteriorated in a month, or really, overnight and could not be fixed nor was i provided any answer.  it was as if someone just switched my wire/cable to a dial up 28.8modem. which i know is not possible but, I can get no answer stil/yet

I got a partial month rebate from cox after calling 4times and having 5techs come over here to tell me they can do nothing and i should use the internet at 2am-5am or some dubioulsly irresponsible information which was not true or logical

I have a docsis 3.0 modem under a year old and tested retested to be fine all inside cables and wire connections were excellent.

just thought i would post this experience with Cox CT from Providence Rhode Island.

john

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a Cox comm. customer for a little over 5yrs. they have been doing big system upgrades through out the infrastructure in my area CT out of their R.I. area. I pay for 50Mbps, had been getting that for as long as it had been bumped up from 25Mbps in a double the speed campaign. However , over a month or 5weeks my download speeds deteriorated to between 300Kbps-4Mbps and stayed in this super low niche for a month. I had all sorts of home tech visits who could do nothing. nothing wrong with my equipment no matter how much they tried to point the finger in that direction. I had used 3 sites to log my up/download speeds over 4yrs, too.  so , know there was a problem not to mention that plain web pages took forever to load and i am the only user here, I over bought, a tier above what might have been deemed necessary for my normal daily messing around

Now, after the month, i got a tech come out and said he needed to run all new wire/cable from teh lock box, which is 300' from my apartment and goes inside along the interior of a bunch of conjoined buildings attached blocks of condos.

My speeds and tv quality(which had also deteriorated terrribly in the month) got a lot better, yet I am still only logging a max of 35Mbps  on test my net, though speed of me is often around and a little over the 50Mbps. i do get some under 50, but 40-50Mbps. speedtest is constantly way out of range even with the terrible packet loss , dead download channels4 &5 of my 8downsteam channels showed as dead with the tech here. still speed test by ookla showed a download speed of over 60Mbps. something wrong there, no idea what or how they work.

I do not know why testmy net is now only getting me the 30-36Mbps top with at least 40% of the latest tests over the 3days since my calbe was changed and upgraded to rg11 business grade i am getting 24-26Mbps.

I dont know who to believe nor do i understand how my 5yrs worth of consistant top level performance from cox deteriorated in a month, or really, overnight and could not be fixed nor was i provided any answer.  it was as if someone just switched my wire/cable to a dial up 28.8modem. which i know is not possible but, I can get no answer stil/yet

I got a partial month rebate from cox after calling 4times and having 5techs come over here to tell me they can do nothing and i should use the internet at 2am-5am or some dubioulsly irresponsible information which was not true or logical

I have a docsis 3.0 modem under a year old and tested retested to be fine all inside cables and wire connections were excellent.

just thought i would post this experience with Cox CT from Providence Rhode Island.

john

i have been having the same issue. I just upgraded my router to an ac1200 and I saw some increase since I live in a two story house and it is hard to get connection all the way across. The thing is it isn't consistent. I will peak at 68 mb/s but drop down to 500 kb/s. Most download and upload. Sometimes my upload will be faster than my download speed. I understand peak hours but this issue has been happening for a while even after we moved. Even when directly connected to the modem, i experience sudden drops making things like gaming online a nightmare.

Cox from Las Vegas, Nevada.

• 2 years later...

I have cox gigablast in San Diego and this is about the best it gets:

:::.. Internet Speed Test Result Details ..:::
Download Connection Speed:: 258071 kbps or 258.1 Mbps 
Download Speed Test Size:: 200 MB or 204800 kB or 209715200 bytes
Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 32259 kB/s or 32.3 MB/s
Upload Connection Speed:: 14593 kbps or 14.6 Mbps 
Upload Speed Test Size:: 12 MB or 12288 kB or 12582912 bytes
Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 1824 kB/s or 1.8 MB/s
Timed:: Download: 6.501 seconds | Upload: 6.898 seconds
Tested At:: https://TestMy.net
Test Time:: 2018-07-20 07:13:28 Local Time
Client Location:: Spring Valley, CA US https://testmy.net/city/spring_valley_ca
Target:: San Francisco, CA https://testmy.net/multithread
Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/BvKSs1zux.AzkGFiMPm
TiP Measurement Summary (Download):: Min 219.47 Mbps | Middle Avg 262.17 Mbps | Max 271.57 Mbps | 9% Variance
Client Stats:: https://testmy.net/quickstats/JasonP71 https://testmy.net/compID/1601687249
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.103 Safari/537.36 [!]

• CA3LE locked this topic