unable to repair network connection since instaling router

bent240LV

since i have installed my lnksys/vonage router i have not been able to repair my connection. It says that is is unable to repair because it cannto renew my ip address. What settings should i change after installing a router? i have not changed anything yet and i am testing a bit slower on the DL test since installing the router as well. thanks for the help

be sure to reset everything properly first:

-shut down all computers on network

-pull the power to the router

-pull the power to the modem

-let everything sit and checked that all connections are correct and secure

-bring up the modem first and ENSURE that it has initialized a connection before continuing

-bring up the router

-bring up the computers

if that doesn't work, be sure that all firewalls are off, and try this (assuming you have XP):

open your control panel --> network connections --> right click on local area connection, choose properties --> click install --> click on protocol and then add --> click have disk --> where it says "copy manufacturer's files from" type "c:windowsinf", then click ok --> choose Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), click ok --> close all windows and restart the computer....if that doesn't work, get back at me