Whats up guys!?

Swimmer

Sorry guys I havent been around much... I am just starting to get back in the swing of thing now... Either way no one has posted about Doom 3 here??? what is up with that... I have a copy and it rules... the plot is kinda lacking but the graphics are awesome!! If you are looking for a great deal on some speakers I have found your ticket... Logitech's z2200 I wanted something for my dorm room/laptop... I looked at the Klipsch and didnt like them... not enough bass... So I got these instead... Awesome! $55 at tigerdirect... THX cert. 200watt, 2.1, impressive and room shaking... Either way hope all of you guys are doing great!!

Either way no one has posted about Doom 3 here??? what is up with that... I have a copy and it rules... the plot is kinda lacking but the graphics are awesome!!

Of course not. As if this is a gaming forum. j/k

Although I haven't played doom3 yet, it seems to be all about graphics and scary monsters. I'm missing a certain arcade feeling, which Q3 does have.

it is possibly the sweetest thing that I have played in the past year and a half... you should check it out and read some of the articles... you are going to need some muscle for it! :lol:

The machine that does have the muscle power for it, crashes once per 45 mins. I'll leave that one alone.

So anything newer than CoD I can't run, and CoD ran very screwy.

• 2 weeks later...

Doom creates a great sense of suspense and good lighting effects. But I cant get into the game. It seems like it was geared toward the crowd that runs into a room and running araound shooting blindly. It fails where FarCry excels, using you damn noggin and fighting smart, peeking around corners and being more tactical about things. After playing doom awhile it seems like I am fighting my way through striking similar terrain and the onlything that is changing are the bad guys. The weapons blow too. I think that the BB pistol I owned when I was 9 had more knockdown power than that POS pistol. The chain gun blows too. The damn assault rifle has a higher Rate of Fire than the chain gun. Plasma guns... lame always has been always will be... nothing beats a futuristic version of the MP5 or P90 burning through a whole 30 round clip in 4 seconds with the bad guys dancing like James Brown on a coke binge while bullets are wrecking havoc on his zombie anatomy. Now thats sweet. What would be cool as hell would be shooting a zombie in the chest and him flying across the room John Woo style and when his corpse hits the back wall pieces of him scatter everywhere with litlle noodles of flesh hanging out of his mangled pellet riddled limbs... now thats cool...

am I ranting again.. It must be all the beer Im drinking..... well Ill shut up now.....

SGT Griff