buying software from ebay.....?

bent240LV

i recently used a friends nero ultra edition disk and for the life of me i cant figure out where the hell the thing went. so i was loking on ebay for a replacement and there are 2 power sellers who are selling them. They say they dont coem with a box though but that they are brand new and are real copies and i will even be able to obtain phone tech support from ahead sotware comp. the program is $100 at the stor but only $25 on ebay. has anyone ever bought this kind of thing from ebay is it for real? the seller both have near perfect scores

I haven't bought any software on Ebay.What ever you buy its really buyer beware because Ebay won't do hardly anything to help if you don't like what you get.Regardless of what they say they will.Some sellers will work with you if there is a problem some won't.The Ebay arbitration costs as much to use as what you are fixung to buy.Reading the feedback on the sellers can be a guide to see if there have been any problems or if buyers were satisfied.

I haven't bought any software on Ebay.What ever you buy its really buyer beware because Ebay won't do hardly anything to help if you don't like what you get.Regardless of what they say they will.Some sellers will work with you if there is a problem some won't.The Ebay arbitration costs as much to use as what you are fixung to buy.Reading the feedback on the sellers can be a guide to see if there have been any problems or if buyers were satisfied.

I picked up a copy of nt terminal server from ebay.  I think if you use paypal, you get your money back if you don't get your product.    It's a process, which I went thru quite a while ago, but got the cash back. 

Edit:  The cash back situation  was for a prior attempt at getting nt terminal server ed.

Yeah, All but that one purchase went smoothly.  If you pay by credit card, I think most cards nowadays come with buyer protection.  Worst case, you might get the cash back from them.  Chollas right about the feedback.  Only the successful bidder can leave feedback on the seller.  You can ask questions of the seller prior to close of bidding, however..... 

I've sometimes ask so many questions I have been a pain to the seller.It keeps you from buying what you don't want.

Its a good test too if the seller doesn't respond well to questions before the sale  they don't respond well after the sale either.

Guest donjunior1

lol this is funny....ok here goes as to go along with a previous post (posted) i also sell stuff on ebay fordirt cheap prices my mado (sp) is ....Im really tired of these big companys and government cons(piracys) to keep me down at 26 years old outta NewYork i like a fight he he he so i now have a vendors licence a retail licence with tax id # and all and working on a dealers licence for autoz...(not to mention you can get for $350 and a bond) ...now,...i buy fully legal items from wholesale companys/dealers, pay my taxes, and make a fortune. but am i really breaking the law? ......... :?:........is there a set limit on the prices i sould sell for i mean no disrespect but some poor outta my country boy/girl made it and being from ny and all the **** compatition on these streets i get stuff rock bottom!....and why should i encourage the greed of the government and charge you a stupid amount that will make me 200% what i paid for it....all the stores do it they toy  with your mind its a mind game the annoying songs of elevator music is a sublimminal message with in its self wake up people your liveing like robots and you dont even know it....get with the game it takes 30 mins to go to the government website and fill out the online licence application then 2 hrs tops to go to the closest county building  and register .....  not to say all auction sellers are legal 100% and not to say we all dont think were in way over our heads but we try..... do your home work and you will find the right people... trust your eyes and mind get a feel for the person and read all te fine print always make copys of EVERTHING conversations ect.....but bottomline am i breaking the law lol  :-|     

You don't know what you're talking about .You can only leave feedback on an item you have won the bid on.

cak46;I have also got my money back from paypal on an item that was never shipped.what I was talking about was when you receive an item thats not exactly as advertised,Then it can be a pain at the best you get a refund but lose the shipping.At worst it can cost more to use the Ebay arbitration than the item is worth.BTW most of the ebay purchases I have made have been positive with few problems.

cholla speaks the truth.

I bought an OEM full working copy of Norton Internet Security on E-bay and registered it to get the full year updates from Symantec. It works great and I have support and all virus and other updates from Symantec. The important thing is to check a sellers feedback and check other items they have sold to see if other people have bought the same thing that you want to buy and