nortons anti virus and security........

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I have seen countless threads about nortons and issues after installing this product. Personally I am just not a fan of either. While I do use ghost 9.0 which in my humble oppinion is the best I have ever tried as far as back up, I have to ask has anyone had any luck with nortons virus and security? I have seen software to help remove nortons. Seems like its just a nasty product that does not want to come off the computer completley.

I have seen countless threads about nortons and issues after installing this product. Personally I am just not a fan of either. While I do use ghost 9.0 which in my humble oppinion is the best I have ever tried as far as back up, I have to ask has anyone had any luck with nortons virus and security? I have seen software to help remove nortons. Seems like its just a nasty product that does not want to come off the computer completley.

Most of my experience with Nortons Antivirus has been difficult.  Nortons actually has special utilities on its site to get rid of their software if something goes wrong.  I just had a 3 day marathon session with an WinME machine that crashed and burned because of Norton AntiVirus.  Never install Audible on a WinME, Norton protected machine...    :angry2:

Or better yet, never use Windows ME, period. To paraphrase the comic book store guy from The Simpsons, "Worst operating system ever". :haha:

But seriously, folks. I've had MANY Norton related problems and finally got rid of it.

Yeah....... Worst ever is being a bit lenient I think... I'd rather run Windows for WorkGroups....... :haha: :haha:

yea... um... I just worked on a computer the other day... It had Norton Antivirus on it... so I got rid of that and installed Avast... Avast found approximately 130 viruses that Norton couldn't find even after updating...

You would think the geniuses at Symantec would get all the bugs fixed after all these years; I've given Norton a fair chance from 'ver. 2.5' all the way to 'Symantec Corporate Enterprise Version' on my server...nothing has changed & have heard great things about this new "Avast" (spelling?) & am going to try it.

Norton, you are the weakest link ~!

-JxL