bearshare

billybob...

Bearshare is P2P software... just note there is a lot of advertisements with the free version.  Overall... it is a pretty good program.  But as mentioned before... it is not illegal.... just the music and/or software you choose to download.

It will not hurt a thing... system or network wise.

I don't use bearshare, not to say it is good or bad, I use winmx and never had a problem with it , but with any of those p2p programs it's possible to download viruses and such, so you just have to be careful.

But you asked if it's legal before, and like I said if you have music on your PC not paid for you can get fined if caught.

Usually no one knows unless you share any illegal stuff for others to download from you.

]Major DITTO] CRE8OR

You really need to have your Virus Protection up to date if you are going to start playing with P2P... there are a lot of people that setup files that are nothing more than virus factories.  So be careful in that respect.

I think I recall seeing something on 48 Hours about someone being able to see other peoples tax returns using Bearshare.  People unknowingly set up their entire hard drive to be shared using Bearshare, and this guy simply typed "tax" into the Bearshare search engine and he was able to see other people's tax returns that they had filed electronically if they were using Bearshare too.  I guess theoretically if you don't know what you're doing when using any P2P software you can end up sharing your entire hard drive.  So just BE CAREFUL!!

The thing about P2P is that if you don't own any of the material you are downloading from someone else, or if they don't own it to begin with, you are in direct violation of applicable copyright laws governing such things as intellectual property or music and video productions.  In other words, if you haven't bought it, you don't own it and you are breaking the law.  Even if you did buy something and then share it with everybody else you are still violating copyright laws because you are only allowed to make one backup copy of whatever it is you bought and you are not allowed to distribute it in any way, shape or form.  The P2P software is not illegal per se, but it is facilitating in the illegal transfer and distribution of copyrighted materials.

well i got rid of it thinking that if i was going to get caught downloading something illeagle it better be worth it so yeah i got rid of it and i also did find out myself that i was sharing my whole hd. so yeah i now don't have that installed but alot of people around me do so i guess i will warn them to...anyways thanks for the advice and srry for wasting you time lol

people have been sued for using Bearshare

like all other they just end up paying a huge money to the MPAA

the only end users that have not been sued are the users of torrentz

in torrentz only websites are shut down

in all other programs like Bearshare  kazza people have been sued

can any one tell me if anyone from dc++ have been sued?

can any one tell me if anyone from dc++ have been sued?

No its to hard for them to track with that because most the hubs you connect to are out of the US..

Another really good program is Soul Seek I stongly suggest that.

The RIAA is watching you.

????????????

and its not like i actually installed it or anything i just dl it and then deleted it because i don't want to get sued as everyone mentioned. but yeah i dl it then like 10min later after that i deleted it. so i didn't even install it. i am not getting sued for something that stupid you know...who would want to?

Unless you live in Canada, it is illegal to share movies, music and cracked programs. It doesn't matter on the program it is the sharing that is illegal. Chances of getting busted are pretty slim but can happen. Could always put yourself behind a proxxy in China and than share..but it would be a little slow :)

I find torrents are best. Never have had a virus from a torrent. Programs like Limewire, bearshare and WinMX are anonymous sharing so people don't hesitate to share a virus. Torrents sites have a forum and is a community, so if somebody posts a torrent with a virus you know right a way and they get banned. This discourages people from doing it with torrents. :)

Guest donjunior1

I own a website and have some downloads for users with a post that says you may view all programs but in no way do we authorize the use or download yet theres a downloadlink there? technicly i own most of these programs and have my allowed one backup stored in a server that just so happens to make them viewable to the public  :?: and what if all the counters always say 0 is this illegal? but to join the site and register is free although a donation of $20 is asked to help maintain the maintence of the server and electic sould have no relevence to the files i have stored   

Unless you live in Canada, it is illegal to share movies, music and cracked programs. It doesn't matter on the program it is the sharing that is illegal. Chances of getting busted are pretty slim but can happen. Could always put yourself behind a proxxy in China and than share..but it would be a little slow :)

It's legal to share copyrighted stuff in Canada?  :icon_scratch:

Music i know forsure it is legal. Not sure on the other stuff, i do know i have yet to here of anybody in canada being harassed for file sharing since the courts passed the law that it was legal to share music. :)

donjunior it doesn't matter if you have a disclaimer, if they are on your computer or server and you have them available to download, you can get nailed. Usually you will get a E-mailed warning from a corporation sayin to shut it down, and if you don't than they will take further action.