bearshare

My bad double post...here is a article

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/03/31/canada/download_court040331

It seems to be a grey area, one thing i do know as of right now 4 of the 5 major canadian ISP's will not give out your identity to the RIAA or the CRIA. They are fighting it here is article  http://www.canfli.org/

Bearshare is a very stable and useful P2P still in my opinion and I like Limewire Pro alot too but Limewire seems to eat up my CPU and often lags me as well as eating RAM but if you have a fast computer and not as old as mine then should have no problem with any of the programs.  But I will strongly suggest that you scan and clean the spyware out of your system with something like Spybot S&D and Ad-Ware but if you use Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta ber warned even if you are spyware free with Beasshare it will tell you otherwise since Microsoft blacklisted this program.  I also suggest you download Bearshare Pro from the P@P once you run it and as always scan all things you download from P2P file shares with good AntiVirus software (a given.)  ;)

Also if you aren't going tro upload and share your files then the chances of you getting busted are super small since they are after the people who share lots of movies, music, ms software ect. NOT the downloaders.

And make sure you only set aside folders you are willing to share with the world and NOT your whole hard drive from RooT downwards also as mentioned about tax returns, social security numbers, Credit Cards, ect. NEVER store trhis type of stuff on an online PC if you need to do your tax returns online if you realling feel comfortable with that or want to purchase things online please for God's sake people delete all traces of such numbers and critical data from your PC when your done with specialty software made to clean such things like Evidence Eliminator or similar programs. I you don't identity theft credit card theft or other bad things may befall you in the future and especially if you inadvertantly get a smart worm or trojan/ RAT that searches for and leeches such damning information and sends it back to the worms owner.  You don't want people trading your credit card or social security numbers for other peoples on IRC do you.  :haha:;) I didn't thinkls so....

Please don't be paranoid about running a P2P program to download illegal or legal stuff because it doesn't matter if you use WinMX, Bit Torrent, Limewire, Beashare or andy others because they can find you if they want too and they monitor many many P2P programs and transfers of massive amountds of illegal stuff and defintitely have the means and personal to look for the people sharing lots of files with the masses.  So unless the P2P you use is extremely uncommon with eery few members/users than jsutr figurew taht anyone is a potential target of MPAA and RIAA and governtment monitoring when they feel like it.  If you really want to share many illegal files on popular P2P networks and are still paranoid then simply use proxies  and change them often and eeven better proxy chains when possible but jsut remember to use high anonymous proxies or your just wasteing your time (hiding with transparent proxies from the authorities or other douchebags is like walking into the MPAA ofices with a paper bag over your head and saying, "hey I share bootleg movies but you you can't bust me becuse you can't find me."  :haha: :haha: :-P  LOL Well I think you all get the point the ostrich with his head in the sand old wive's tale works too.  ;):lol:

So in summary it's a good program, check for spyware before and after installing all P2P programs and don't share to many illegal files at once or not at all and allows scan what you download from P2P before you run it (unless it's a .txt file lol  :haha: ).  Have fun just use safe common sense practices. And trust noone on P2P networks.  :haha:  :D

Btw if you decide not to download it from the manufacturer's site I have some versions on my site including the cracked Pro version of Bearshare if you want.

My links:

url snipped by swimmer

url snipped by swimmer

Peace,

Azag

Hey, does anyone here use the program PeerGuardian? Isn't it supposed to block "bad" IP ranges (i.e. RIAA, MPAA, etc.)? I use it every time I run any P2P program including bearshare, limewire, bitcomet, etc. Theres also a feature in bearshare called secure channels which basically lets you connect to trusted Bearshare hosts. I'm guessing this also decreases the chances of you getting caught sharing files. I don't use it though.

Great info donlysnk for those wary of running P2P and sharing files on it.  I had come across a few security 3rd party add-ons for multiple P2P cleints but had not heard of PeerGuardian so I will check it out too thx.  My only question is there any signifigant speed loss while running it and is there any connect related problems in your experience.  And about Bearshares settings it was nice you pointed out the trusted users only setting which most people may glance over and might miss.  I am not sure this helps alot but I am sure it doesn't hurt other than search results are usually lower when on but a small price to pay if you find the share/file you wanted besides if not check back later when other people are online and new/different file shares will be up for grabs.  :)

My most recent personal favorite used to be Bearshare, WinMX, and Limewire but now days for anything I find shit loads of files through an IRC search engine which monitors file shares. There are many good ones and some come and go but my favorite is http://www.ircspy.com for XDCC and F-Serve file shares they kick ass in my opinion. Them I just go to the channel link from search engine site with mIRC client and start leeching my download. It takes a little more time maybe a minute to type or cut paste things and startup mIRC but it's very reliable and IRC is the front line for the newest files especially warez like movies, music, apps, games, ebooks and other stuff.  :D  :evil6: You will often even see movies and music for example there that is yet to be release in the sores or movie threater ect. to public and the files on IRC are more likely working full and real unlike some fakers on P2P as I sometimes find (but not to often fakes luckily.)  Me likest the warez heheh even my OS is a warez copy and runs smooth as a virgin high school girls butt (*joke*) heheheh.  Hey I'm poor right now and really I don't care what people think about ripped /cracked software and how wrong it is to steal/copy it because I'm evil and have no apologies to guilt about it.  Feel free to flame me if you feel morally self-righteous about the subject I won't care or lose sleeep over it. ROFLMAO  :haha::twisted::evil6:  The RIAA and MPAA and other greedy moral dictating associations of like mind can just... SUCK IT !!! hehe

:evil6::haha::evil3::twisted:

Peace,

Azag

I am not sure this helps alot but I am sure it doesn't hurt other than search results are usually lower when on but a small price to pay if you find the share/file you wanted besides if not check back later when other people are online and new/different file shares will be up for grabs.