Windows XP CD copy

SpeedTweaker

Use Alcohol 120% or Nero to copy the CD and it will be bootable. I've backed mine several times this way and I'm 100% sure about Alcohol 120% as it will copy anything and not care about copy protection.

You can download SP2 for free from MS here: Service Pack 2 (this copy is larger than the update from microsoft, but it only installs what you need).

If your original Windows XP CD is damaged to the point of not being able to complete a successful copy or allow you to create an iso, there is always MiniNova.org

i endend up using Alcohol 120%, it worked perfect.

I use alcohol 7% when I can't get it to copy........after 7-8 cans I don't care....or even remember what I was doing ...so I just go to bed.. :haha: :haha:

Guest helloimtim

While it may be kinda cashy. I can not recomend nortons ghost 9.0 enough. You may need a dvd burner to put all the data on. That program just rocks.

While it may be kinda cashy. I can not recomend nortons ghost 9.0 enough. You may need a dvd burner to put all the data on. That program just rocks.

Gotta love the Ghost.  Best program I've found for backing up full systems and replicating "same hardware" hard drive installs! :)