AOL does a 360

netmasta

AOL Raises Prices

Only a month after lowering them

Posted on 2005-05-19 19:20:56 source: broadband reports

It's hard to take the world's largest Internet powerhouse and make it completely irrelevant, but thanks to a long series of bad decisions, AOL management is slowly doing just that. In an apparent moment of clarity, AOL recently lowered prices, dropping dial-up prices from $24 to $20, and the price of BYOA (bring your own access) from $15 to $10. Well, guess what: despite mounting subscriber losses, they've quietly changed them back.

Guess what, AOL as changed their prices back again. According to the story, it was do a series of bad decisions.

AOL user = :iamwithstupid: ,IMHO

edit: text for url

Guest philp

I bet you it's because they are trying to reduce the number of AOL customers and get them over to cable (RR)....it's craziness.

I dunno about that. You can pay through the nose for AOL broadband here. It's something stupid like $54 a month for their junk provided by Time Warner. The same people who provide RR and Earthlink for $10 and $13 per month less, respectively.

And really. Does anyone know what it is exactly that AOL users like about AOL??  :?:

They can get AIM without AOHell but the e-mail thing kinda makes sense. Of course, you can always get a Hotmail or Gmail account and you don't have to worry about that either.

Personally, I think there are subliminal messages and/or mind control involved. :haha::icon_pale:

most people i know that have aol don't know that they can get aim without aol internet...so i think from talking to them that netmasta is right...but i also think you be on to something about the mind control/subliminal msgs...cuz when i point out the facts to them...prices, other emails, aim availability etc...they still feel they have to stay...some sort of loyalty that they are willing to pay aol to allow them to give...hmmmmmm

btw why not post these articles to the articles section??

Guest philp

but i also think you be on to something about the mind control/subliminal msgs...cuz when i point out the facts to them...prices, other emails, aim availability etc...they still feel they have to stay...some sort of loyalty that they are willing to pay aol to allow them to give...hmmmmmm

Yeah. I know a guy on another forum who always talks about the problems with his computer but he just refuses to give up AOHell. It's a mystery to me.  :whaa:

• 1 month later...

I got to say i dump aol like 6 months ago and move to sbc yahoo. I have always like aol (i had it for 3 years it was my 1st ISP) One thing i like about them is their browser you can open unlimeted pages and keep them all in one window. Firefox and other browser might have multi-taps but i like the aol spin on it.   

Only mods can post articles. I'm not a mod.

Not meaning to get off-topic, but is this true? If so, then I apologize? I've posted many articles not knowing that it wasn't cool. I just thought I was turning people on to different news that hadn't been posted in the "News Archive".

My bad... :(

Not meaning to get off-topic, but is this true? If so, then I apologize? I've posted many articles not knowing that it wasn't cool. I just thought I was turning people on to different news that hadn't been posted in the "News Archive".

My bad... :(

No, he meant only mods can post on the News Archive...