Frequent disconnections

DJVageli

Hi,has anybody else been experiencing frequent disconnections the past three days,Im under TWC in NYC and as I said before I keep on getting disconnected from the internet about every 5-10 minutes,I power cycle everything and then in another 30 minutes the same thing starts to happen again

Guest philp

TWC provides mine here in Houston and last Saturday it was off and on for about 2 hours. Power cycling didn't help me, though. Supposed to be a tech out to look at it today. I'll let you know if he finds out anything helpful.

TWC provides mine here in Houston and last Saturday it was off and on for about 2 hours. Power cycling didn't help me, though. Supposed to be a tech out to look at it today. I'll let you know if he finds out anything helpful.

Ok that would be great,because I have to know if this is a Earthlink problem.And at least I'm not the only one experiencing this :haha:

Guest philp

The guy did come out today. He said it was a problem at the "node". One of the fiber optics to the node was dirty and it was fixed sometime during the week. Apparently that can make the signal come and go.

According to him, there were several calls in my area about outages. Contrary to what they told me when I first made the service call.  :whaa:

Hi,has anybody else been experiencing frequent disconnections the past three days,Im under TWC in NYC and as I said before I keep on getting disconnected from the internet about every 5-10 minutes,I power cycle everything and then in another 30 minutes the same thing starts to happen again

Call up to the NHD, they'll take a look to see if it's your modem....there are outages in NYC though.

Yeah, NYC can have outages for a while....NHD=National help desk...tech support

Yea I did that yesterday and they were like call TWC because they're the ones providing my line,and then they said that everything is fine,but I still kept on getting disconnected :haha:

As for NYC,this is the first time it must be major,because in 2 years this has never happened

Hello DJVangelis.

Did you try checking for spyware or virus with Spybot or Adaware and virus scanner ?

Couldn't be your ISP they never lie.....LOL!. :haha:

LMAO,I know all ISP's are so honest and they always take care of their customers ;)

And no,spyware wont affect your connection,it will slow me down and things but not keep on disconnecting me,plus I check weekly :)

I'm an RR tech, NYC is on the board today for DHCP errors and flashing cable lights....the servers must be down.

Cool,so you must be experiencing the same problems then right,and what does this mean,are they working on something special or any network upgrades?

Ok....Cool.

I had a DOS...(Denial of service) once and got rid of it with spybot.

I am usually the one that tells Commicast that they are having problems in my town before they even know they are having problems, but even then they won't admit it. then hours later I see it posted on there site that they are having problems in the area.

CRE8OR throws hands in air with disgust..........LOL.

ISP    :biggun:

And I did the same thing when TWC upgraded theyre speeds to 5Mbps early this year,i had the speeds about 3 weeks prior to the official statement,and when I called up they had no idea :haha:

Cool,so you must be experiencing the same problems then right,and what does this mean,are they working on something special or any network upgrades?

I don't know for sure what the outage is caused by....usually an upgrade or maintenance of some sort...you can call the local office for more info.

Haha,does it? :lol:

Plus you said your a RR tech,so is it true you might be working on it or u might be working soon on it?

hmmm...well I have to be careful about the information i divulge ( :haha:)

no seriously tho, I'm not really sure about what TWC's intent is, but with all the merging and buying out going on, there will have to be room made for higher traffic volume on probably every node, so there will most likely be a period of crappy service before it gets better.

hmmm...well I have to be careful about the information i divulge ( :haha:)

no seriously tho, I'm not really sure about what TWC's intent is, but with all the merging and buying out going on, there will have to be room made for higher traffic volume on probably every node, so there will most likely be a period of crappy service before it gets better.

Haha :haha: I understand,and what u have said so far does make sense,they have to give more space too all the new customers that will be coming in by the end of the year,so that could result in instability and disconnections

Yea! Get more customers and stay at slow speeds instead of increasing speeds to keep up with the competition... -_-

Yup and it should be the other way around,get more customers,increase the speed and compete with the competition :haha:

They will probably do what they need to do to get speeds up for when all the junk goes down, but it's a shame that the current cusotmers have to suffer through it....i think they should just take a week, shut down all services, do what they need to do to upgrade, and then credit everybody for it.  That seems like the most logical business solution to me, but then again, I'm not running jack.

They will probably do what they need to do to get speeds up for when all the junk goes down, but it's a shame that the current cusotmers have to suffer through it....i think they should just take a week, shut down all services, do what they need to do to upgrade, and then credit everybody for it.

I agree with you 100% there,because I rather have a full working internet rather than one that keeps on getting disconnected.So if it takes them a week to get it fixed and get credited also,thats fine with me :lol:

Yeah, I mean taking on all these customers is cool i guess, but you gotta be able to support them all lol