firefox all most 60,000,000 downloads

Guest helloimtim

It will be of intrest when and if ie 7 hits and has tabs what will happen to the open source browsers. I also wonder with all thoes downloads how many actually kept it as there browser. Been hearing lots about netscape new browser as well. Pesonally I am just not a fan of ff. For me personally if every one screams how great a product is I pretty much cut my own path and use something diffrent. Thats just me. I recall every screaming how "secure" ff was. I tried to tell them no its not. Now I guess I was right. I also believe as time goes on hackers and nasty stuff will be made just for ff and other open source browsers. Its just a question of time. Thats probally why I use stuff that is not as popular. Gives this computer a tiny edge on security. Rember I said Tiny edge. Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day

meh, im not really interested in how secure a browser is, because my computer used to be a fortress of protection that i never needed. i got rid of my anti-virus program and firewalls but kept the spyware programs. my computers been fine and hasnt had any viruses, and i think that everybody choosing browsers simply because of how safe they are or how many viruses are written for that browser is just really dumb. im using firefox because of all the features.

just the sheer amount of extensions written by users is almost enough to convince me that FF is the best. IE7 may have tabbed browsing, but whats the point of switching back over to IE when i have a perfectly good browser right now? even if IE7 did allow for user-written extensions (doubt it) and had every single one of FF's features, then im still not switching because theyd be equally good so thered be no point.

okay, done ranting. ;)

I switched to Firefox not just because it has more interesting features like tabbed browsing and "live bookmarks", but also because I think M$ cares more about big buisness then it's customers. I mean look, does anyone see how many "patches" they release every month? Besides Microsoft seems to be getting a little to big.

I do think FF is more secure. Firefox supports 256 bit security, the last time I heard IE didn't.

EDIT:

(My own "Firefox "Commercial"):

Computer with Windows XP and 10/00 NIC        ~$575.00

High speed net connection                      $42.95 a month

Playing it smart and safe by using Firefox as your web browser...          Priceless

Firefox, because there are some things internet surfers know they must have.

Firefox, accecped at major web sites eveyware.

(now back to your show, ur, I mean, your posting)

Not only will IE7 surpass FF in features, but it will be way secure also. Netscape's new browser needed to be patched only hours after it's debut (not a good start for security). Certain vulnerabilities are excuted through malicious code when surfing the internet, so I'd prefer my browser to be as secure as possible. Once IE7 incorporates SP2's protection along with security features built exclusively for it, no other browser will come close. The minute 4% of market share that FF holds now will have an end result of mabey 1% (varying irregularly, if that).

No matter how secure a computer might appear to be, having an few anti-spyware programs won't detect a true virus. A good anti-virus program will be required. If you don't have one, run a scan, and you might be surprised. :D

... Certain vulnerabilities are excuted through malicious code when surfing the internet, so I'd prefer my browser to be as secure as possible...

I like to call that security vulnerability ActiveX. 'Nuff said :D

Also...

Let the browser wars in our sigs and avatars begin!

Guest helloimtim

Hey I hope the browser wars continue myself. I hope bill gates goes after the open source browser. Lets face it good people with all this fighting between the browsers for users we all win. Better product more features. They all fight. Us users win all around no matter what your browser of choice is. Let the games begin. Oh one quick note I refuse to start any type of arugument about which is better. Some people like coke. Some like pepsi. Its all good.

I like to call that security vulnerability ActiveX. 'Nuff said :D

Also...

Let the browser wars in our sigs and avatars begin!

ActiveX is not that big of a problem now, but hackers will be hard pressed to expose IE7 in a few more months. FF will be the main target since it's browser popularity keeps it right behind IE. You have a little more time to reconsider your choice though. Walk towards the light...it's safer over here. :D

And yes netmasta...It's on! :haha:

IE7 will sitll suck just like all IE's

Before a few months ago, IE is all you knew. As a matter of fact, you downloaded FF with IE and sometimes has to go back to IE because FF is not that internet friendly. Barely a handful of developers design their products with FF in mind. IE7 will be next generation browsing at it's best. Please believe it.

Before a few months ago, IE is all you knew. As a matter of fact, you downloaded FF with IE and sometimes has to go back to IE because FF is not that internet friendly. Barely a handful of developers design their products with FF in mind. IE7 will be next generation browsing at it's best. Please believe it.

Thats why ill be awaiting it ^__^

Yep im a IE supporter o_+

i use firefox...not sure why...uh...cuz my son installed it and it works fine...found some things i can't do with it like 'copy to clipboard'...but it works fine for me...i'm happy to use something other than an m$ product...but let's face it where would most of us be with out m$...i think most of us use windows of some sort...i still use ie sometimes tho.

hey has anyone heard the 'wayback' story about the contract in the making apple had (with someone...sorry another lost detail) for an isp (now...forgive me if i twist a detail or two...not intentional)...everything was all set ready to go...then at the last minute they (apple) backed out because of some clause they didn't like in the contract and they thought they'd end up losing money...another small company (don't know the name it was back then) picked it up (the contract)...the evolution...that isp came to be known as AOL...if somebody has the details of this story....please share...i can't find the article...and this is modern history.

ah.. i think firefox better, more safe than IE, IE doesn't block all pop-up, which i dont really like it,.. FF blocks almost all pop-up and such.. even i tired using "AOL Broswer 1.0" it was OK but I still dont like AOL browser 1.0... Im foward looking for IE7, but I will always sticking up with FF...

FF da BEST!!!

I was thinking that Radio Shack had something to do with AOL's start but I found this on the web , not sure how accurate it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_Online

BTW: INTERNET EXPLORER FOREVER !

ahhh see i had it a little mixed up...it was compu-serve that missed the 'big deal in 1991...quantum link became apple link became aol...errr sumpin like that...way confusing...see for urself..

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Fall2000/McAtee/

very interesting bit of internet hx at any rate

i use firefox...not sure why...uh...cuz my son installed it and it works fine...found some things i can't do with it like 'copy to clipboard'...but it works fine for me...i'm happy to use something other than an m$ product...but let's face it where would most of us be with out m$...i think most of us use windows of some sort...i still use ie sometimes tho.

hey has anyone heard the 'wayback' story about the contract in the making apple had (with someone...sorry another lost detail) for an isp (now...forgive me if i twist a detail or two...not intentional)...everything was all set ready to go...then at the last minute they (apple) backed out because of some clause they didn't like in the contract and they thought they'd end up losing money...another small company (don't know the name it was back then) picked it up (the contract)...the evolution...that isp came to be known as AOL...if somebody has the details of this story....please share...i can't find the article...and this is modern history.

apple made a deal to give you when you buy a new apple comp you get earthlink and a .mac thing i dont  know i only use macs at my school

never used a mac execpt once

and it wanst that great the expirience

can any one explain me whats good about them?

I am both a windows and a mac user....i love mac, but i will try to be unbiased for a moment:

mac = stable

mac = not windows! (oops, screw the unbiased deal  :evil6:)

mac = open source

mac = more user friendly (in my opinion anyway, way more straightforward, less dinking around to get something done...fewer steps is what i mean)

mac = not targetted for near as many viruses (yet, also related to small percentage of marketshare as compared with windows)

mac = great multiple OS capability/meshing

mac = great/simple networking and filesharing capability

mac = great tech support (seriously)

mac = all components - soft- and hardware - are designed to work perfectly together = NO CRASHES (not in my experience anyway)

mac = cool software! (garageband, finalcut)

mac = hard to switch to, impossible to switch back from

There, whew....I should send it into apple for an ad.  but seriously, i stand as one converted: i started with windows, got used to it and was completely anti-macs (they just seemed weird: "where's start?!") until I really got in and dirty with them.  Now i love them.  Well, there's my testimony, take it or leave it.