upload speed way faster than download..why?!

Guest stocbuster

Guest stocbuster

my upload is around 2500kbps with a download of around 1500kbps,

im on the grant county pud fiber optic zipp line (98837) fiber is up to the side of the apartment with cat5 cable running in to a smc7004abr router/firewall and then into the computer....i was wondering why my upload is so much faster than my download....shouldint the speeds be symetrical?

is there anything i can do to improve my download speed? others in general area on fiber get about 2500-3000 both ways sometimes more...but dont have the same isp as me.......help me cable guy!

Auth Code: 284171

Though the upload test is accurate, it is not perfected (the download speed test is perfected) if your speed is off a bit, I would not worry about it at all, right now the upload test is very accurate up to about 500Kbps ~~ the higher you go from there, the more inaccurate it becomes. I am currently writing a version 8985.245564B (lol I have been developing this test for some time now... with no perfect success)... it is a very difficult script to perfect... the current version I have is using a form submission methd that varries from user to user. But I think I am going to have to code this in another program language to get it right, or make a java applet which I do NOT want to do, because applets are lame.

Well anyways, don't trip about it... that is most likely not on your end ~~ but you can 110% trust the download speed test results :-) ~~ you should try uploading via FTP to a server and pull your own results like that... because other sites out there are in the same bind as me... they just won't admit it ;-)

- Damon