Linksys BEFW11S4 Version 4

resijs

I'm having a problem where my connection very randomly disconnects with out reason or with out even being used, I've updated everything, scanned for anything, and checked to see if it was a specific computer, including reseting hardware. Support said it was an overload, but how is that possible if it happens with out any activity to start with, regardless they went clueless and asked me to replace it for the fourth time.

A few things to note, my dad is a bit ignorant when it comes to security, so it's an insecure connection. And I have two networks near me, one secure, and the other insecure.

Yes, it is possible that some other electronic is knocking it off, as if you know what a BEFW11S4 is, it's wireless.

This did not happen when I had SMC, when I had that it was just really unstable in games, and now Linksys is unstable in keeping its connection up. :|

Any help?

hmm... check how hot it gets... heat seems to be quite an issue with routers and modems... there has been a lot of topics about random disconnects, but I can't remember if the problems were fixed...

Yep,I have the same router and have been getting frequent disconnections too the past week,dont know if its the router,my modem a combination of both or my cable company.Anyway I hope you find a solution :) [

hmm... check how hot it gets... heat seems to be quite an issue with routers and modems... there has been a lot of topics about random disconnects, but I can't remember if the problems were fixed...

BTW that was me :haha:

And nope not yet :(

• 5 weeks later...

Yep,I have the same router and have been getting frequent disconnections too the past week,dont know if its the router,my modem a combination of both or my cable company.Anyway I hope you find a solution :) [

And nope not yet :(

So you were, in essense, talking to yourself?

Yep,I have the same router and have been getting frequent disconnections too the past week,dont know if its the router,my modem a combination of both or my cable company.Anyway I hope you find a solution Smile [

And nope not yet Sad

"The BTW, that was me" in your post.  Was confusing.  Sorry 'bout that.  :)

I had it going good for a few weeks until yesterday, I didn't do anything to it at all.

Btw, you know linksys is providing a free wireless g router when you subscribe to that VOIP crap for 25 a month? =D

Yea I heard about that deal also somewhere,so it is true,but I lost interest on it :lol: