Blank DVD-R/+R 4x or 8x Which should be better & Faster?

jypagan

for me, I got a 8x burner, as most people do, and I always use the +r's, because they ALWAYS play in any of my dvd players. the -r's don't at times. either way, it would be fine, just 4x would take longer, but not by much.

Just remember, don't do other stuff whle your burnin'! especially if your gonna go 8x.  :evil6:

let me know if that helps!

indestructable

:D

I've found that if you are burning separate multiple files to a disc(like backing up something), faster(16x for me)is ok, because it doesn't mess up the quality much.  But when burning an actual DVD or something you really want to be the best possible quality, burn it slower.  For me, I buy 8x or 16x when they are on sale, because otherwise they can be quite expensive, but I figure that you don't really ever need something sooooo fast that you have to burn fast fast fast, it's just fun to be able to.  My opinion is to get the 8x's but what do I know?  Not much.  :whaa:

for me, I got a 8x burner, as most people do, and I always use the +r's, because they ALWAYS play in any of my dvd players. the -r's don't at times.

That's true too.  Isn't the only difference, other than, it seems, compatibility, like 5 extra MB on the -R's?

Yep movies i have found 6X to be the speed that you still have the quality of a slow burn but with some speed. Anything over seems to start degrading the quality not by much but it is noticeable. For software (except Windows) as fast as you want. Windows should be done at 4x to ensure good quality cause we all know how damn finnicky (spelling) it is.

I didn't believe you should "backup" windows that slow and tried at 6X and it wouldn't install. :)

You can burn movies at 8X without a decrease in quality just make sure to buy high quality media and only burn at the rated speed.

Plus, you might want to make sure nothing is running in the background and that you are only burning if you want the higher speed (most high-end systems don