new external harddrive

Last I checked they were up to 400 Gig. and the next would be 1000 Gig. (Terabyte)

So I wouldn't doubt they are getting there, but I haven't heard about it

yeah i thought that they wouldn't get there for a while but this mag. supposedly had one for sale (and yeah i meant terabyte)

i was reading a newer edition of a mag. (forgot which one it is) but they were selling an external hd for $1,000 that held 1trig (or whatever comes after gb's) of space......it was called the space saver...anyone else heard of it

Do you know if it was Maximum PC, PC Mag or PCWorld? Because I keep mine, and I can look through some of them.

I think I remember reading something like that too. I think the drive is acually 4 250GB's in some type of RAID array, or something like that.

I have the http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10461  I use it as a backup target.  It's bigger and heavier than the typical external Maxtor drive so it's not something you are going to drag around in your backpack very often.

You can build an external array that does the same thing as the Buffalo Tech product.  However, they have a really nice case and Buffalo builds great products.  I'd like to get my hands on the 1.6ter unit.

Guest helloimtim

What for goodness sakes would you use all that space for??  Just download the entire internet and update it every week and browse?? Just can not imagine why someone  could use that much space.

What for goodness sakes would you use all that space for?? Just download the entire internet and update it every week and browse?? Just can not imagine why someone could use that much space.

If you have a Media Center you could probably fill a TB drive pretty fast.

If you have a Media Center you could probably fill a TB drive pretty fast.

You got that right... my TV guide hasn't been working right lately, but I could fill a 160GB hard drive in a couple days... lol

Do you know if it was Maximum PC, PC Mag or PCWorld? Because I keep mine, and I can look through some of them.

I think I remember reading something like that too. I think the drive is acually 4 250GB's in some type of RAID array, or something like that.

yeah i think it was 4 different drives in one to. but anyways i think the mag. name was pc world(not for sure though but i think it was that) and everyso often i look through some of my old pop science mags and they had one of these hd's in an article of may 2004 issue.