Lower Ping Times

Hew Jass

Is there a way to lower ping times? When I ping yahoo, comcast or google I get over 120 and same thing when I play on my counter strike server which is located in chicago (I live in chicago)... It's very jumpy all the time.. if I ping comcast it goes something like 100, 52, 324, 93, 254

unfortunately... not likely... the only way you could lower your ping time is if the problem was a bad router or cable... if you use a router, try bypassing it and connecting directly to your modem... also, try another network cable...

I am connecting thourhg a router and tried connecting through the modem.. no help.. cable is 2 weeks new because the router came with a new cat5 cable

This may also be the problem.. My first month or so i got horrible cable service. High pings, frequent disconnections , etc. Just give it some time to pan out.