original testmy.net

hey ca3le i just got to thinking.... did you completely make this site or did you find a site on the net that let you build one off of it? like my two sites i found a site where i could make a site by useing a different one to build it, cause on an old post (i was searching old posts for some reason), you siad the site was down and you had to rewrite the scripts and everything becuase you had too much traffic.

so just wondering  did you actually create the whole site or make this site from another site which let you build one(cool site by the way).?

-billybob

This realy should be directed to private messages.. Its more of an " interview ca3le" type thing lol.

i'm srry since you are a mod you can delete this message and i will pm him....sryy i didn't know that it was that personal.

just goahead and delete this topic and i will ask him privatly

i'm srry since you are a mod you can delete this message and i will pm him....sryy i didn't know that it was that personal.

just goahead and delete this topic and i will ask him privatly

eh.. I didnt mean it that way :lol:. I ment that topics get lost very quickly around here and youd have a better shot at getting your questions anwsered by ca3le himself via PM, rather then thread ;)

eh.. I didnt mean it that way :lol:. I ment that topics get lost very quickly around here and youd have a better shot at getting your questions anwsered by ca3le himself via PM, rather then thread ;)

:evil: yeah i know....i was just ticked off about my own site...it's slow then it's down then it fine then it's down...that sort of thing. now it's working agian  :-P  anyways i already pmed him so yeah i wonder what he will say it was?  well have a good day y'all :whaa:

billybob12345: i don't know the exact answer to that...but i do know this ...the design is original...the concept (when he first started) was original and for his own personal use (the test)...broadband was brand new and nobody cared how fast their computer was...he's had his test script stolen (by another big site...who shall remain nameless)...since the beginning he's been scripting scripting scripting...i don't believe he has ever used a template of any kind (but he can correct me if i'm wrong)

wmmc: doncha just love the wayback machine...i didn't know about that site til a few days ago.the predecessors to this site are all in there with the exception of surftohere...which he blocked for some reason when he changed domains...very similar in design to damnbot tho

I use templates for the forums... but I have heavily modified them (most mods aren't visual though).  The main theme is original and always has been -- though I did have a logo that was made by a user which I found out later that it was a copyrighted logo (I quickly made a new logo once discovering that), I'm not much of a designer I'm more mathematical so I enjoy scripting functionality rather than focusing on the design of the site.  When viewing this site... if there is ANYTHING that I did not script myself or have received extensive 3rd party help on I will always list the credits at the bottom of the effected pages.  You will notice this on the forum pages and in the news archive.

Yeah, I had a large website directly copy portions of my code before I converted it from java to PERL (it's since been reconverted to PHP) -- when it was in it's java state it was easy to copy by viewing source of a few pages.  But that's now impossible because it runs server-side and the only thing you see now is what I wantcha to see ;-) ~~ it's a bit harder on the server but it takes the stress off the client-side and ensures that only I will get credit for my hard work... the site that took some of my code also took a few of my ideas, I called the webthiefer and he played dumb and hung up on me (this was years ago) -- shortly later the stolen script had been rewritten to hide his dirty deed.

It's okay, their site is falling apart now and it's getting very close to being in my shadow now  :evil6: -- they were quite a superpower for a while though.  But MANY admin mistakes and bad/lazy decisions are what is making their site decline... I don't mind taking their traffic one bit  :cool:  --- and no it's NOT DSLR ~ they're cool // DSLR is still about 15-20 times bigger than this site.  One day... One day...