computer won't boot up

sandandsnow22

I have a major problem with a computer, when I turn it on windows starts loading configuration, network setting ect. but after that nothing happens. It's just blue and I don't see the desktop or anything. I can start it in safe mode though. there are no problems with the device manager. I think I tried just about everything I can think of but I don't know what's going on. any help would be appreciated

Sorry to answer a question with questions :), but what operating system are you running, have you installed any hardware or software just prior to the blank blue screen issue, and have you run virus scans and adware, spyware scans through safe mode yet?

peepnklown : Ok so 2000 doesn't call it system restore .System recovery so MS could call it something different for the newer OS.I think the link you posted has good info .

Recovery Console & Safe Boot

Windows 2000 allows several options for booting to a minimal set of drivers for troubleshooting or system recovery.

If what Cholla suggests does not work, try this:

Try shutting the machine down, then power it back up and start hitting F8 key.  This should bring up a menu, which includes your safe mode option.  I believe that there is a "Last Known Good Hardware Configuration option there as well.  Give that option a try and let us know how it goes.