CPU process slowing download speed.....

Sheeed

I was having a problem with download speeds and poste one thred about, i somehwat figured out the solution, when of the cpu processes was using up resources while i downloading causing the computer to stutter.....well before downloading i went and close a few processes and my download speed was back to normal....the only problem is that windows media files wouldnt play, it said something about updating drivers.....how do i get around this or get rid of those processes???????

Assuming XP for operating system:  If you go into settings>control panel> computer management> services you can disable them from here.  Find the service (process) you want to disable, double click on it, stop the process then change setting from "Automatic" to "disabled".  Be careful about which processes you disable.  Here is a link that has an alphabeitic list which explains each process.  Be sure you have scanned for viruses and spyware/adware as well.  Here's the link:  http://www.theeldergeek.com/remote_procedure_call_(rpc).htm.  Any problems, please let us know :)