Questions concerning Norton's

100cc

I tried to take Norton's off my comp. and install again. Well first off let me tell you that since I have at least 3 applications run funny and one 1 of them when I load it up Microsoft's installer starts up as well and tells me that I need to insert certain files so that a specific program can finish installing. Also, when I go and install any Norton product the intall tells me that the MSI needs to run out of setup and force exits the install. I've gone through and wiped out any trace of Norton manually and used 3 diff. sys clean progs.Anyone have any suggestions for me please don't hesitate.

100ccasterix01.gif

Guest helloimtim

Nortons is such a nasty program While I love ghost 9.0 and use it allot I would stay away from the rest like the security and anti virus. I know there is a removal tool for nortons. I would suggest going to start.......search.........then look for any and all folders with nortons and or symentac. Right click and delete. Give me a day or 2 and I will try to track down that tool to remove nortons for ya. God I hate nortons but sure love ghost. Strange also if you can see what programs are starting when you start your computer and that should help. Start up inspector is a free handy program you can use to do that. http://www.windowsstartup.com/

Go to nortons site.  There could still be remnants of the old install remaining in the registry.  They have special software they developed to get rid of their software.  Kinda ironic.......  Here is a link to remove AV2003 information. 

Edit:  Depending on which version you have, there should be one there for it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

Best advice...  once you get it cleaned... stay away from it.  I used Norton for many years and always had problems.  Funny thing was I had a system crash and ended up reloading everything... except Norton... all the previous issues I had went away.  Plus... I didn't realize what a resource hog it was.

Good luck...

Best advice... once you get it cleaned... stay away from it. I used Norton for many years and always had problems. Funny thing was I had a system crash and ended up reloading everything... except Norton... all the previous issues I had went away. Plus... I didn't realize what a resource hog it was.

Good luck...

Ditto....

Best advice... once you get it cleaned... stay away from it. I used Norton for many years and always had problems. Funny thing was I had a system crash and ended up reloading everything... except Norton... all the previous issues I had went away. Plus... I didn't realize what a resource hog it was.

Good luck...

Yes, im sure Norton was the cause of all your problems ..

i agree think about getting avg free or even avast they are all in my oppinion a heck of a lot better than nortons...i ran nortons for about a year and had no end of computer problems. when i would scan it would say virus free and when i got rid of it i got avg and it said i had like 2viruses that nortons missed...........best advice get rid of nortons

I probably would not go that far, but Norton Anti-Virus is just as invasive and de-stabilizing as some viruses.....

I've been running the free version of avg for quite a while and it has detected all incoming viruses thus far.