put into words a two year old can understand.

zulu79

im dumb. so please tell me and relate with metaphors or analogies or #s' what the following are:

1) what the hell does ram do and what is it besides random acces memory? should i get more if i have 250 mb of it?

2) what is a good connection speed and what is good for console gaming? i usually get 4.5 stars for upload and 2.5 for download.

3)how do i make it faster for download?

4)why is the sky blue??(jp)

but seriously if you can answer the first three ill be more than happy. so thanks in advance....

RAM:  Space where programs actually do their work and is temporary workspace..  When a program is shut down, ram is cleared (in a perfect world).

Connection speed: Depends on what service you are on 4.5 stars sounds good for download 2.5 start upload may need a bit of help:  Don't game so I can't help you there.

Faster:  Tweaking-Put a post in Make it faster forum and follow the instructions in the Sticky there first

Actually, I think the color is just the oceans reflecting back from the surface onto the atmosphere.... could be wrong :)

Guest philp

4)why is the sky blue??(jp)

Actually, I think the color is just the oceans reflecting back from the surface onto the atmosphere.... could be wrong :)

It actually has to do with the spacing of the air molecules. That's why the sky has different shades of blue, at times.

If you are using Windows XP, that would be something to look into, but tweaking Windows XP would be the best thing to start out with... if you have an older version of Windows, something isn't working like its supposed to...

Even with win98 or ME, your machine will get laggy because of the low ram.  It depends on the programs, but if they are all active (using cpu clicks and ram) or reserve alot of ram space, four would bog down '98 or 'me as well with that amount of ram.  I wouldn't run xp with under 512 of ram but it really likes 1GB.