aol 2mb connection but speed is only 1mb

psychosurfer

Hey all im new here but i was hoping that someone could help me out ive recently upgraded my aol account to 2mb but although when i connect it says 2.2 mb my speed is still equivelent to 1mb connection. I am using a connexant usb modex with aol but have it configured so i do not need to install all the aol junk software. Please anyone give me an idea of how i can fix this. I have tried talking to aol but unless you are using their software and modem they are of little help. I have tried using bt voyager but speeds were the same.

• 6 months later...

Have the same problem but with ethernet connection and D-LINK 604T. Shows as connected to AOL broadband as 2mb/s but is only actually 1mb/s downstream, although 256 mb/s is going upstream?

Unlikely to be USB as even version 1 works at 11mb/s, v2- 480mb/s

Will get hold of AOL.....will let you know any results...don't hold your breath :(