Are you kidding me??

Guest helloimtim

Guest philp

I think either marijuana should be legalized or tobacco should be made illegal. Yeah, I've smoked plenty of pot but I wouldn't say it was the gateway to other drugs I've done. Rather, I believe the tobacco I smoked in my pre-teen years was the gateway to my marijuana use. Why is that crap legal but pot isn't? Because there are tobacco lobbyists in D.C. who control the votes of Congress. It really is all about money and power.

The reason that marijuana is called a gateway drug is the drug dealer one is buying the marijuana from is selling other drugs.So it is a gateway connection to the harder drugs.

If selling it was legalized then it would be purchased in a store like a liquor store & the gateway would be gone.That would be for complete legalization.If it was just for medical I assume it would be bought from a pharmacy & people would grow their own.

Cholla:  Here's one definition I've found for the term.  http://www.answers.com/topic/gateway-drug  It even mentions Firefox...... but then again, FF can be kinda addictive.  I think it should be legalized for medicinal use or persons of drinking age with the caveat that drug testing be a requirement for more types of employment, further than what is done at this point in time.  Don't want the bus driver stokin' up with 20 or 30 people on board.  BTW:  Gave up smokin' it a long time ago.

Philip:  Most definatly, I agree with you about the money involved.  But guess what, the tobacco companies already have trademarks for their mj cigs. when it is legalized. Philip Morris has a Marley Brand.......See link: http://www.hightimes.com/ht/grow/content.php?bid=244&aid=4  (about halfway down the page.....)

More money, more power........... 

FF can be kinda addictive.  I think it should be legalized for medicinal use or persons of drinking age

I agree with that.  :haha:

On the defination they kind of said it was both.The experience of MJ led to harder drugs & the connections made with dealers led to using harder drugs.

I think either marijuana should be legalized or tobacco should be made illegal. Yeah, I've smoked plenty of pot but I wouldn't say it was the gateway to other drugs I've done. Rather, I believe the tobacco I smoked in my pre-teen years was the gateway to my marijuana use. Why is that crap legal but pot isn't? Because there are tobacco lobbyists in D.C. who control the votes of Congress. It really is all about money and power.

I comepletely agree. If I understand right, marajuana was made illegal because it could be used for other things(e.g.: hemp rope) so some other big companies lobbied for it to be criminalized.

Big buisness =It's all about who has the money and who wants the money.

I agree with that. :haha:

On the defination they kind of said it was both.The experience of MJ led to harder drugs & the connections made with dealers led to using harder drugs.

I read that post the same way.  :haha: :haha:

I comepletely agree. If I understand right, marajuana was made illegal because it could be used for other things(e.g.: hemp rope) so some other big companies lobbied for it to be criminalized.

Big buisness =It's all about who has the money and who wants the money.

I read that post the same way. :haha: :haha:

Well, we've all seen what happens when FF becomes out of control and takes over a young persons life..... It's tragic.......  Maybe if it's legalized, it can be controlled better.............. :haha: :haha:

Marijuana might be bad but if you were the one in enormous agony I don't think you'd like to take medicine that doesn't fully take the pain away. I personally think it's a good idea and please don't say anything bad to me or about me 'cause this is what I think.

Ok since I actually know something about the medical field let me chime in. First off the whole medical marijuana push is just a push to legalize. Marinol is a synthetic drug that works the exact same as marijuana, I know I have given it to cancer patients that have used it and smoked. There are lots of medical benefits to smoking marijuana but lots of hazards to. Of course if you are a end stage cancer patient it doesn't matter. Now on a personal note, I smoke pot all the time and love it. I think it should be legalized and I think it will someday, once Canada legalizes it the US will be put in a hard spot. Of course Alaska ruled that it is legal to keep marijuana in your house for personal use but this collides with federal law. Nevada tried to legalize it out right and got real close. Anyway I am just rambling now.... let me see I need to say something stupid on the way out so you guys know its me.........hmmmmm.... wellllp.. Ah hell I cant think of anything.... I am sitting on the dumper right now. :haha: Bout to get high.

Shug7272: Isn't Marinol synthetic THC does it contain all of the other compounds in canibis sativa.There are probably some that do some good that haven't been studied.These are probably not in Marinol correct me if I'm wrong.

Na your right. There are something like 200 active chemicals in Marijuana and Marinol is just synthetic THC. You are right that some of those chemicals probably effect the human body medicinally and Marinol does not have these. But at the same time the argument that Marinol is not effective for pain and nausea just doesnt hold water with me, like I said I have administered it. Alot of people don't know that you can smoke marijuana in a vaporizer pipe that never lights the pot so you don't get the carcinogens but you do get the THC, but at the same time without the combustion of the marijuana you don't get alot of those "extra" compounds your speaking of. Marinol is very effective as is marijuana especially in cancer and hiv patients with nausea and pain. But they are pushing it harder than they should in my opinion to get "medical marijuana" legalized and just using it for a stepping stone to legalize all pot. They should just come out and say look this is pot... it does some bad things to your body but nothing catastrophic and nothing worse than cigarettes or alcohol. Thats just my opinion. The short answer to your question though is your right. :D

Shug7272 : I ha d heard the Marinol was effective for pain & nausea I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't.I had heard something about the vaporization but I really don't know how it works.Maybe you could tell us.I would guess it kind of a distilling process where steam removes compounds from the marijuana then it is cooled & inhaled.

Na I didn't think you said it wasn't effective I just wanted to point out that it was. As for the vaporizer I don't know much about it (what else is new) I do know the device looks kinda like a small hand held bong or crack pipe  :haha: anyway the pot is put in this device and the lighter held to the bottom heating the air which heats the marijuana to a point the THC vaporizes and can be inhaled but the pot  itself never actually ignites. I need to get one and check it out. :D Ill see if I can find a link. http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/main.html ok heres a link but this looks nothing like what I read up on  a while back.

The ones in the link seem to use an electric element to heat the "herbs" to a vaporization point .Probably better at keeping the temperature below ignition point of the "herb" so it never actually combusts which would be the same as smoking.I still think if they could steam extract it cool the vapor then inhale it would be even cleaner.Interesting that this is not considered paraphernalia Like a bong which is illegal in my state.

I edited this a little Cholla

NA its not TMI, we have discussed what is appropriate in mods only forum and CA3LE wants it pretty lax. Unless it is obviously offensive or gets alot of complaints it will stay. I dont think this is a bad discussion we are all adults, if CA3LE disagrees he can tell me and I will edit it to his standards.  :D Anyway yea I think you nailed it spot on, I would think this is paraphenalia too but what the heck. I use rolled up tin foil cheap and easy to make a new pipe. I would like to try a vaporizer though. I have never actually used a bong (how is it compared to pipe) aside from the ones I make from a 20 ounce coke bottle. :haha: Im country.

NA its not TMI, we have discussed what is appropriate in mods only forum and CA3LE wants it pretty lax. Unless it is obviously offensive or gets alot of complaints it will stay. I dont think this is a bad discussion we are all adults, if CA3LE disagrees he can tell me and I will edit it to his standards.

Na I didn't think you said it wasn't effective I just wanted to point out that it was. As for the vaporizer I don't know much about it (what else is new) I do know the device looks kinda like a small hand held bong or crack pipe :haha: anyway the pot is put in this device and the lighter held to the bottom heating the air which heats the marijuana to a point the THC vaporizes and can be inhaled but the pot itself never actually ignites. I need to get one and check it out. :D Ill see if I can find a link. http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/main.html ok heres a link but this looks nothing like what I read up on a while back.

lol i totally gotta grab me one of those o_o