SIGNAL STRENGTH IS 62

Buzz

HOW STRONG IS THE AVERAGE SIGNAL STRENGTH FROM  DWAY?  I GET GREAT SPEED THEN THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN IT'S RIGHT BACK UP TO FULL SPEED AGAIN....THIS IS DURING LOW HOUR USAGE SO IS IT MY SIGNAL STRENGTH??

BUZZ

my signal stays at 62 rain or shine.....I was just wondering, because I will get a steady 1029 download speed varying from 1029 to low 1100's then it will fall off to 400-500 for a sec or two then go back up......but it does it about the same time during the largest speed test on test-my.net.....like the signal fades then comes back strong....but it shoots my average download speed in the foot while doing it!

my direcway TV dish get a 88-90 signal...how come it's stronger than the internet dish?

Buzz :?:

watching the FAP meter download speeds....it seems to be pretty accurate.....at least it lets you know what speed your downloading stream is....I have tried other speed meters and they basically show the same thing..

Buzz

my signal stays at 62 rain or shine.....I was just wondering, because I will get a steady 1029 download speed varying from 1029 to low 1100's then it will fall off to 400-500 for a sec or two then go back up......but it does it about the same time during the largest speed test on test-my.net.....like the signal fades then comes back strong....but it shoots my average download speed in the foot while doing it!

my DirecWay TV dish get a 88-90 signal...how come it's stronger than the internet dish?

Buzz :?:

I see a tremendous amount of weather interference on my signal strength.

DirecTV gets a stronger signal because its aimed at a larger target... more room for error when you point it... also, signal strength has very little effect on your speed until you get disconnected...

I have a really good security package, and I check every other day manually running several different ones and I don't have virus, dialers, keystroke thingys etc.

Buzz

ps I know all about those nasty things!

The signal strength won't have any effect on your download speed.  It has to be something else.  Once the receiver "locks" on the signal, variations up or down just don't have any effect.  It is a digital signal, so it is not like a radio signal that can fade down etc.  Once you hit the noise threshold, it just falls apart completely and looses contact.  The stronger the signal level though, the less chance you will  have losing it when bad weather hits etc.  My signal sits at about 62 as well, slowly dips during the day to around 56, then slowly back to 62 by  sundown.  It drops out completely at about 30.  Did that once when the feedhorn filled with water :cry:  Removed it, dried it out and sealed it up.  Great since.

Jim P