IS IT POSSIBLE TO BRIDGE TWO 2MEG LINES?

Welcome to the forum lewis.c12. :)

I am assuming that you want to connect your one computer to both of the 2mb connections.  You'll need 2 nic's and an operating system that will handle "multi-homing" (Win2K or above)..  If there is a different configuration or more information on what you are looking to do please post it. 

ok, i have 2 phone lines with the same number, i would like to get 2 2meg broadbands and link them up to this computer alone. i have winxp. a netgear dg834g router. im currently linked to the net via ethernet.so yeah, wanna bridge 'em both to make a 4meg. is this possible or am i dreaming?

I think it's possble to combo cable and dsl at once, seeing as they're seperate lines... Not sure, last time I suggested combinding two broadbands into one I was shunned and laughed at.

Regardless, they must be on seperate lines.

• 2 weeks later...

As I recall some people talked about having success doing this with 2 cable lines and maybe a DSL and Cable combo and the thing that they used was actually a software solution called MidPoint Internet Gateway ? I have it but tried using it to teston XP Pro and it crashed but it might not had I actually had to live connections rather than one lol.  Do a search on entire forum with word "Midpoint" that will tell you more.  You will definately need to have to mic cards or similar hardware at the very least and follow the instructions the company provides to get it to work if it will on ur box but as I said I never gave it a fair try so maybe you will have the luck some others have claimed with it.  The link is somewhere in the forum as well for the download site I believe it was an FTP to the company that worked for me to get it.  Good luck in any case this would be a hell of alot cheaper than the suggested costly hardware if you don't need to pay $250 for $20-$50 dollar software license  ;):-P  Well good luck in any case hope you find a feasible woreking route.  Email me if you need the app if link to Midpoint is down...looked like comapny was on it's last legs last I checked and they had not released anything new in a long while but maybe business is better now don't know  :?:  If not the software I bet it can be done with hardware.  But hey I could be wrong.  :haha:

Peace,

Azag

there are multi WAN routers now,

and besides, don't always suggest windows solutions only ok people?

Linux has multi WAN abilities, WAY more so then Win2kAs

anyhow,

yes it's possible, but why, there are 6 meg lines now that would be cheaper then two 2meg lines.

SUSE Linux CE for linux solution...

http://www.edimax.com/html/english/products/PRI682.htm

He has Windows XP... that's why people were suggesting Windows solutions... not very many people would switch to a different OS just so they can bridge 2 connections when it is possible with the OS they have...

and, he's in the UK... maybe they don't have a 6Mbps line available :?:

• 2 weeks later...