something is wrong with my earthlink

Timu

Atleast my download still remains pretty high :D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5550 Kbps about 5.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 677 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Jun 22 21:54:53 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 99X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.51 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 51.27 % faster than the average for host (mindspring.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-27X13Z89P

Guest philp

Atleast my download still remains pretty high :D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5550 Kbps about 5.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 677 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Jun 22 21:54:53 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 99X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.51 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 51.27 % faster than the average for host (mindspring.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-27X13Z89P

Once again,

*cough* bite me *cough*

:lol:

Guest philp

just out of curiosity do ne of u ever have problems with ur Earthlink cable modem? i never ever had a problem with it. its been running the same as when i got it. i was checkin out dsl and cable modem packages online and i found this state that has dsl or cable modem available to them with no limit. the guy was like u can download as fast as ur modem. is that true???? why cant time warner do that?

What modem do you have? I started off with the Toshiba PCX 2000 and it was cool until they went to the 5 meg download speed. Then I was having intermittent problems with my connection. I changed it to an Ambit modem & everything seems to be right in the world.

i have the toshiba pcx 2500. what is the best cable modem though? or does it really matter?

Yup,i have the same exact modem,its been very good with no problems.I have the same question too,which is the best modem for a connection,like will another modem affect speeds :?

Yup,i have the same exact modem,its been very good with no problems.I have the same question too,which is the best modem for a connection,like will another modem affect speeds :?

The modem shouldnt effect speeds.. Most modems are speed rated pretty equally, but in other terms of docsis 1, 2 etc, that may be a different story. Changing the modem may change stability and behavior of your connections, but the speed will not (shouldnt) change , since its still going to be using the same config file from your ISP.

Guest philp

The modem shouldnt effect speeds.. Most modems are speed rated pretty equally, but in other terms of docsis 1, 2 etc, that may be a different story. Changing the modem may change stability and behavior of your connections, but the speed will not (shouldnt) change , since its still going to be using the same config file from your ISP.

I agree. My old modem worked well when it worked, but I don't think it could handle the (then) recent speed increase. Shortly after Earthlink went from 3 to 5 megs, I started having connection problems and the modem was hot to the touch. I could still get 4.9 meg DL's when it worked, though.  ;)

The new Ambit modem is considerably cooler and works just as well.