Cox Upgrades to 15 Mbps Downstream - Fairfax County, Virginia

geostone

FYI -- from an email I received today: 

Cox Communications is thrilled to announce that starting in June 2005, we will begin increasing the speeds of our Premier Internet Package to 15 Mbps downstream. This increased bandwidth will give you even more capacity for all your Internet needs. That means you

15MB huh? I got one question........Im with Cox in New Orleans, I pay 39.95 a month for my 4MB connection......lmao how much is a 15MB connection gonna run ya? Bet you need to take out a loan huh? lol let me know :) highest speed available here is 6MB downstream because Cox's only compitition is Bellsouth DSL and they just upgraded to 3MB for 59.95 a month.....lol

we need some competition in las vegas so we can get some good deals. Cox did up our speed, it went from 4/256 and 5/512 ------> 4/512 and 5/768 big whooop. I did hear that they are goign to offer their digital phone service. Does anyone have that and is it any good and whats the pricing. thanks

god dsl stop falling behind :(((

all i hear are these new forms of dsl yet they arent available yet

why do they keep thinking of new forms of dsl when we cant get them???

its makin me mad!

on a 5 meg dsl line, not that bad

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 6482 Kbps about 6.5 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 791 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Wed Jun 15 20:27:59 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 116X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.29 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 42.78 % faster than the average for host (143.82)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KPQ48MHNW

In michigan, www.jasnetworks.net a 10 meg line for 80 a month im on a 5 for 50 a month

we need some competition in las vegas so we can get some good deals. Cox did up our speed, it went from 4/256 and 5/512 ------> 4/512 and 5/768 big whooop. I did hear that they are goign to offer their digital phone service. Does anyone have that and is it any good and whats the pricing. thanks

I have The Digital Suite the phone works great too Cox really has their sh!t together here in New Orleans, Phone service with caller id call waiting caller id ,all that other crap runs about 24.95 a month here

Adelphia/comcast is going to beat Cox, with there 16MB/2MB connection, and since adelphia always over caps your more likely to get 17mb/2.5mb. They are going to roll it out exactly whare Cox and Verizon Fios is then filter out from there. Well see what verison and Cox do about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Adelphia/Comcast is going to beat Cox, with there 16MB/2MB connection, and since adelphia always over caps your more likely to get 17mb/2.5mb. They are going to roll it out exactly whare Cox and Verizon Fios is then filter out from there. Well see what verison and Cox do about this.

It might, but look how long they are taking. Cox responded quick like if they were saying, "Bring it, you have no chance FIOS.!". Adelphia/Comcast were like......................

• 1 month later...