any one that speaks spanish or is from Cuba...we need you

tdawnaz

another moderator (who's now on vacation) received this as a PM...i'm hoping someone out there speaks spanish well enough to translate or even better is from Cuba...it's a dway issue...but whether u know dway or not we need u to translate...back and forth...

we have an online translator version of a translation...but we need the real thing...

here's what was received..it came from a user named unknown27...did anyone else receive this?

yo necesito su ayuda urgente..

explicarle por pasos

active un sistema DW en miami FL, este sistema lo cambie de direcci

Not sure but here is my guess I need some urgent help I spent good money

I have a DW system in Miami florida

He says he called them or talked to them and they told him to do restart the modem and he looked in the manual and could find it or something! And he tells he has the directway system DW6000

esta registrado por el sat

I need his urgent aid.  to explain to him by steps activates a system DW in miami FL, this system exactly changes it of direction transfers it to Cuba.  I know other systems DW that are working in the island very well.  I read its Gui'a of installation (Very good) exactly installs the antenna and my system DW6000..  The DW6000 this registered by the satellite G11 3700 in the advanced menu, manual option, never I have levels superior in strean to 10.  To finish all correct one when in Manual Option I put 1350..aqu

Yea I knew he was talking about a antenna and I figured he was talking about his dish or sat. And I forgot to add that he was talking about his signal! I could understand most of it but at beginning and end! I just didn't spend much time on it! And I just put what he was basically saying because I didn't fell like being exact lol! But I did pretty good I think since I haven't been in spanish in over a year or so. But anyway I had spanish for 3 years and french for 1 so I speak 3 languages ok but not perfect lol!

Not sure but here is my guess I need some urgent help I spent good money

I have a DW system in Miami florida

He says he called them or talked to them and they told him to do restart the modem and he looked in the manual and could find it or something! And he tells he has the DirecWay system DW6000

esta registrado por el sat

Oh and also those internet things are never perfect because there are several meanings for the same word like help and aid in spanish and english differ or mean same. Also in some areas it is different like in mexico or cube they are different is some areas. But I was taught to read over the hole thing almost then translate and works good because if you go word by word you will screw up because some things are turned around etc. But I did good pretty good for being this rusty lol!

humorman u did fabulous... :D ...this is why i wanted a real personal translation because of the differences in dialects and meanings of combined words...that the turn around thingy...i'm headed for the sack now and will check in the morning...he has two other posts from may 31 if anyone wants to check those out...might give some insight...hopefully someone can jump in and be a hero for this fella...

again his user name is unknown27

It Says:

I need urgent help.

Let me explain step by step.

I activate a DW system in Miami FL, This system I change the alignment. And move the dish to Cuba.

I know about other DW systems that are working very good on the island. I read your installation guide(very good) I read it exactly and installed my antenna and my DW6000 system. My DW6000 its register to the G11 3700 satellite , on the advance menu, manual option, I never have my stream levels reach to 10. I did everything correct in manual option and I input 1350 right there I can finish and reset. When everything its done I wait for it to work properly. and the signal goes back to 10 constantly. I activate this system 2 yrs ago and I keep paying for it but I cant get it to work properly.

What do you guys recommend?

Should I cancel my suscription? I am wasting $100 monthly. Some one told me that G11 on 1350 it does work in Cuba.

Should I change to the other provider?

DW told me that they have to send a installer to change the satelites or my frequency.

Please I'm begging for your help. Thanks

fantastic ...thank you jypagan...now all we need is a dway smart person to step in and provide the answer

tdawnaz: Now that its been translated maybe it should be posted in a new topic.That relates to the questions asked.It might have to be translated back into Spanish though  but maybe

unknown27 reads English.Or I guess it could be translated & sent to him by PM.Anyway I think a new topic would be a good idea.

Well, now that I see it like that, he needs an installer to put the dish in for him... legally anyway... it sounds like he couldn't get it set up right by himself anyway... there isn't much we can do to help him if that's the case...

btw, I'm only back from vacation temporarily ;)

Well I did my best I guess didn't spend much time on it I was to busy lol! But I tried and like I said I wasn't the best I tool 3 years of it but didn't learn alot lol. But I learned enough to understand it alittle and I am rusty on it since it has been so long since I used it. But anyway I am happy someone else got it exact and I hope he gets his problem solved some how.

humorman;organ_shifter;jypagan; I'm sure all of your efforts in translating the PM are appreciated.

php your probably right he tried to install the dish himself.I haven't tried a internet receiving dish but I did move my DSS  type dish for TV.I understand it is very important to get everything exactly level so thats what I did.Maybe he didn't to my understanding a crooked mounting pole would throw all 3 angles off enough to cause poor reception if you  could connect at all.

Well, that wasn't even what I was most concerned about... you are required by law (I think anyway... haven't checked up on that in a while) to have a FCC licensed installer install a dish that transmits... which the DW6000 does...  I would love to go out, repoint my dish at the least congested satellite transponder, and reactivate it...  it is quite a trick to do btw... very precise stuff with the transmitter...

I think your right about the FCC requirements for a licensed installer.But if I understood the translation the guy took his dish to Cuba & the FCC  has no jurisdiction there.I guess Castro could cut his head off for adjusting his own dish.

tdawnaz: Now that its been translated maybe it should be posted in a new topic.That relates to the questions asked.It might have to be translated back into Spanish though but maybe

unknown27 reads English.Or I guess it could be translated & sent to him by PM.Anyway I think a new topic would be a good idea.

cholla...i can rename the topic...what should i call it?...or  i could start a new topic...or unknown 27 could start a new topic...or you could...someone could hahahaha :D

edit: btw...where is unknown27 anyway?

• 3 weeks later...