testmy.net cant take criticism.:(((((

I wish some one could email me to tell me why Ive been banned from this forum....

All i sent was a PM to user PhP stating that testmy.net gave false test results.

I live in Sweden and have broad band via bredbandsbolaget they claim to provide 10Mb/s upload and download connection.

So when i came on this site and tested my speed i was upset to get a result that i was only operating at

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all I tried to search foxy84 so I could look to see if the profile was the same as upset_person.I couldnt find any posts he made so I could check his profile.I guess he just harassed by PM I didn't get one.If thats what he was about he should have been banned.

I know how to check member stats but is there a way to check a profile on a member that doesn't have any posts? I haven't needed to do this before there usually not much reason to check out someone that doesn't post.I was just going to see if the email given was the same for foxy84 &  upset_person.btw I don't intend to email him .

I wish some one could email me to tell me why Ive been banned from this forum....

All i sent was a PM to user PhP stating that testmy.net gave false test results.

I live in Sweden and have broad band via bredbandsbolaget they claim to provide 10Mb/s upload and download connection.

So when i came on this site and tested my speed i was upset to get a result that i was only operating at

I agress with the thing about being far... It's like testing from Canada to China, you would lose alot of speed since it's so freakin far.Think of internet as a car. A car can get somewhere but really slowly if it's real far. I don't know how else I can explain you this situation...

I looked at my ban log and it looks to me like a ban was warrented...

"this site is **** i get total different reading when i use the test here compared to the swedish government test site for connection speed according to this site im only working on 20% dowload and 40% upload but when i do the test at the offical swedish government site for testing  broad band speed im operating at 97% download and upload 10Mb/s?????????? what the fck"

In my opinion, if you wanted help there are a thousand better ways to word that conversation.  You may have been frustrated but there was no need to take it out on any of our users... if you wanted help then ASK for it don't demand it.  If you say something in PM like "This site is sh*t" then you know what......... we are going to assume you don't want to be here!  If you look at our terms of use you will see...

"if you are caught spamming other members via our PM system you WILL be banned and your ISP WILL be contacted. There will be NO warnings issued in spam cases.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."

On top of the message being rude... you sent it to many of our users (though I haven't looked into the logs to see who you sent it to yet.. I just saw that thread) -- the messages were unsolicited and therefor that would have got you banned for spam... your lucky that your not being reported to Bredbands Bolaget

If you want help... FINE, that's why I made the site.  But if you want to talk sh*t then don't let the door hit you on the way out, we don't need negative people here anyway.

By the way... We take criticism just fine... why the hell do you think I have a section of the forum where you can make suggestions ( https://testmy.net/forum/b-4 )

And in this case criticism isn't even needed... VanBuren is on Bredband on a 10Mbps connection.. he pulls more than 9Mbps to testmy.net from Sweden.  My servers are optimized for over seas transmission ;-)  ~~~~~~~

Is his new account upset_person banned? And what tweaks did you use and where did you get them from? Thanks...

Van is the tweak master.  He probably set his own.  On the issue of Foxy 84, saw parts of the other thread.  Not a bright idea if you're looking for help.  Bitin' off the hand that feeds you ain't going to get you anywhere.  Maybe foxy will come back humbled, or not at all.  Time will tell.

Guest helloimtim

Well here is my 4 cents. If being banned from here bothers you maybey a simple I am sorry to Cal3e. We all make mistakes and it seems to me anyway Cal3e is pretty reasonable. Just rember. We dont do this for money we do it to help others. Computers are always a learning process. All that is asked in return is to treat others with respect. We may not all agree and mistakes to get made. Sometimes a simple " Hey I messed up and I am sorry" can sure go along way into fixing our own mistakes.

Well here is my 4 cents. If being banned from here bothers you maybey a simple I am sorry to Cal3e. We all make mistakes and it seems to me anyway Cal3e is pretty reasonable. Just rember. We dont do this for money we do it to help others. Computers are always a learning process. All that is asked in return is to treat others with respect. We may not all agree and mistakes to get made. Sometimes a simple " Hey I messed up and I am sorry" can sure go along way into fixing our own mistakes.

Wow...that's deep.lol