What Anti-Virus Program are you running now? (Extreme Poll)

Are you sticking with it or has this poll/results list changed your mind?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sticking with it or has this poll/results list changed your mind?

• Kaspersky Personal Pro version 5.0.20
    • AVK version 15.0.5
    • F-Secure 2005 version 5.10.450
    • eScan Virus Control version 2.6.518.8
    • Norton Corporate version 9.0.3.1000 (version 10 is out)
    • Norton Professional version 2005
    • McAfee version 9.0.10
    • McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
    • BitDefender version 8.0.137
    • CyberScrub version 1.0
    • Panda Platinum 2005 version 9.01.02
    • Arcavir
    • MKS_VIR 2005
    • RAV version 8.6.105
    • F-Prot version 3.16b
    • Panda Titanium version 4.01.02
    • PC-Cillin 2005 version 12.1.1034
    • Nod32 version 2.12.4
    • Command version 4.92.7
    • AntiVir version 6.30.00.17
    • Avast version 4.6.623
    • Dr. Web version 4.32b
    • Sophos Sweep version 3.91
    • UNA version 1.83
    • BullGuard version 4.5
    • Norman version 5.80.05
    • Ikarus version 5.16
    • AVG version 7.0.308 (newer version 7.0.323 is released now)
    • E-Trust version 7.0.5.3
    • ZoneAlarm with VET Antivirus version 5.5.062.011
    • Vexira 2005 version 5.0.56
    • VirusBuster 2005 version 5.0.147
    • Solo 3.0 version 2.7.1
    • Fire version 2.7
    • ClamWin version 0.83
    • Digital Patrol version 5.00.08
    • V-Buster Pro
    • Protector Plus version 7.2.G01
    • V3Pro 2004
    • Ewido version 3.0
    • ViRobot Expert version 4.0
    • Quick Heal version 7.03
    • VirScan Plus version 14.703
    • MR2S version 2.0.104
    • RHBVS version 4.60.821
    • A Squared 2 version 1.6
    • VirIT version 5.2.10
    • TDS version 3.2.0
    • Wave version 2.0
    • AntiTrojan Shield version 1.4.0.15
    • PC Door Guard version 3.0.0.15
    • Trojan Hunter version 4.2.908
    • Tauscan version 1.70.1414
    • Trojan Remover version 6.3.6
    • The Cleaner version 4.1.42.52
    • IP Armor version 5.46.0703
    • Hacker Eliminator version 1.2
    • Anti-Hacker & Trojan Expert 2003 version 1.6
    • NONE

I'm sure you've noticed that this poll is extreme. In the event that you've had a change of opinion, I've made it so that you can change your vote. If it's not too much to ask, please share your reason for changing. :D

For myself, nothing beats Kaspersky. If you use Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7.130 in addition to Kaspersky Personal Pro version 5.0.20, you will be as secure as it gets through software. Getting the Kaspersky Personal Security Suite 1.0.22 would give you both pieces of software, but the anti-virus program that comes with it is the personal version, not the personal pro. I decided to get them seperately as the pro version of the AV has many more features, including an anti-spyware/malware/adware detector built in.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, been using AVG Free for 6 months or so, and had 0 problems.

Although my version is slightly newer than what the poll, and the article, show.

How much is Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7.130?

I have heard good things about it....

i dont use ne antiviruses ne more because my computer has only 633mhz and 192mb of ram so it sucks. ne wat kaspersky is the best. its not like its one of the best or close to the best. its UNDISPUTEDLY the best. it detects EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG and it is getting better at spyware everyday.

I use no AV at all. I like having minimal stuff running on my system and AV's use alot of resources. I test once a week at Trend Micros online scan. If i think it has missed something cause my computer seems a little off i will download a trial version of Panda Titanium or something and scan with that and than shut it off. :)

This has worked great for me i am going on 2 years with the same install of XP and it is still running fast and smooth. I do have Agnitum Outpost Pro configured very tightly and that has helped greatly. I haven't had a virus actually since i decided to configue it like i am paranoid and that was 3 months ago :) I also surf behind a anonymous Proxy alot of times just cause i am paranoid :lol:

I would realy like to try kaspersky AV , but every time i install it, it kills my internet. And theirs no repairing it.. I have no clue why it does this, but as soon as i remove it my net comes back  like nothing happened..

I would realy like to try kaspersky AV , but every time i install it, it kills my internet. And theirs no repairing it.. I have no clue why it does this, but as soon as i remove it my net comes back like nothing happened..

yea it did that to me too, i was looking forward to it, but i had to get rid of it for that same reason

Hey .s1 & wingzero2309, I had that problem last year sometime. It turns out that the the reason was a mixture of different programs I had on my system. There is a workaround.

If you go to the settings tab, enter the "Configure Real-Time Protection" options. After that window opens up, click on the blue link titled "Troubleshooting" at the bottom right hand corner of that window. Within those options, you will be able to customize network attacks. There should be a single box that disables that protection. After a reboot, you should have you connection back. Turning off the network attacks protection ticked me off though. So, the next time I did a fresh install, Kaspersky Personal worked flawlessly with my connection and did not kill it. That's how I knew it was something within Windows that I had played around with. :D I had service pack 2 at that time also.

I tried to send you an email .s1, but it didn't go through.

Hmm well using kaspersky now, (props to organ for the help) it has found 25 "trojans" in the system restore files.. but their like "p2p worm" or some sh*t so i doubt their actual viruses, just MFWPI (malicious files w/ possible intent). Either way seems to be a pretty neat program, and ill continue using it to see if this hardcore Norton Antivirus user is going to make the switch! o_o

Symantec Small Business 8.1  ( i chose norton corporate in the vote, it is closest match)...but to get down to brass tacks, i'm only using it because it was free  ;)

We all know about Symantec/Nortons' grocery list of bugs/expoits/incompatibilities.....I am trying new programs as we speak ~!

-JxL