What Anti-Virus Program are you running now? (Extreme Poll)

Are you sticking with it or has this poll/results list changed your mind?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sticking with it or has this poll/results list changed your mind?

• Kaspersky Personal Pro version 5.0.20
    • AVK version 15.0.5
    • F-Secure 2005 version 5.10.450
    • eScan Virus Control version 2.6.518.8
    • Norton Corporate version 9.0.3.1000 (version 10 is out)
    • Norton Professional version 2005
    • McAfee version 9.0.10
    • McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
    • BitDefender version 8.0.137
    • CyberScrub version 1.0
    • Panda Platinum 2005 version 9.01.02
    • Arcavir
    • MKS_VIR 2005
    • RAV version 8.6.105
    • F-Prot version 3.16b
    • Panda Titanium version 4.01.02
    • PC-Cillin 2005 version 12.1.1034
    • Nod32 version 2.12.4
    • Command version 4.92.7
    • AntiVir version 6.30.00.17
    • Avast version 4.6.623
    • Dr. Web version 4.32b
    • Sophos Sweep version 3.91
    • UNA version 1.83
    • BullGuard version 4.5
    • Norman version 5.80.05
    • Ikarus version 5.16
    • AVG version 7.0.308 (newer version 7.0.323 is released now)
    • E-Trust version 7.0.5.3
    • ZoneAlarm with VET Antivirus version 5.5.062.011
    • Vexira 2005 version 5.0.56
    • VirusBuster 2005 version 5.0.147
    • Solo 3.0 version 2.7.1
    • Fire version 2.7
    • ClamWin version 0.83
    • Digital Patrol version 5.00.08
    • V-Buster Pro
    • Protector Plus version 7.2.G01
    • V3Pro 2004
    • Ewido version 3.0
    • ViRobot Expert version 4.0
    • Quick Heal version 7.03
    • VirScan Plus version 14.703
    • MR2S version 2.0.104
    • RHBVS version 4.60.821
    • A Squared 2 version 1.6
    • VirIT version 5.2.10
    • TDS version 3.2.0
    • Wave version 2.0
    • AntiTrojan Shield version 1.4.0.15
    • PC Door Guard version 3.0.0.15
    • Trojan Hunter version 4.2.908
    • Tauscan version 1.70.1414
    • Trojan Remover version 6.3.6
    • The Cleaner version 4.1.42.52
    • IP Armor version 5.46.0703
    • Hacker Eliminator version 1.2
    • Anti-Hacker & Trojan Expert 2003 version 1.6
    • NONE

I decided to go to the Kaspersky site .Instead of a trial version I decided on the

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner Beta version 5.0.50.0

It is an online scan that works kind of like the Trendmicro scan.It was kind of slow but it didn't find any viruses in my PC.So I guess what I am using is keeping the viruses out.I just though Kaspersky might find one AVG didn't since it is supposed to be better.In my case it didn't find any which is great.

Heres a link for the scan for those that are interested.

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta?product=161744315

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been using norton 2005 and so far so good

except some script blocking and identifying the programs gave me some trouble

apart from that all good

i recommend AVG cause its free and i have tried not on this machine and it all good

Looks like avg is the most popular thus far..... 43.8% of respondents.

Never used kaspersky, never had the need to try another system.  Left a share exposed to the net and within a matter of 3 minutes, had 2 viruses laid down on it.  AVG got 'em, no problem at all.

I spin the chamber with my Mac and know almost certainly the chambers are empty. :D Problem is the Mac hackers will be here sooner than we think.. But for now...

Yeah, you know that hackers are always trying to come up with something. The latest MAC OS X 10.4 Tiger has been getting great reviews, and with that being known, some coder will target it just to see if he can disrupt it's shine.

Yeah, you know that hackers are always trying to come up with something. The latest MAC OS X 10.4 Tiger has been getting great reviews, and with that being known, some coder will target it just to see if he can disrupt it's shine.

Actually, the reason I don't have a current virus program,

We all like a different Anti-Virus because we are used to it and we like the interface and stuff.

Although that's true, I still would question my AV if it wasn't, at least, within the top 6. Even the 6th product on the list only detected 91.57% of viruses thrown at it. That's pretty low considering that users running it have an 8.43% chance of their software missing it.

I would definitely have to be using a product that has a detection result of 90% or better. I'd junk anything below that.

organ_shifter: I did the Kaspersky online web scan it found 0 viruses or anything else.So my AVG must be doing as well as Kaspersky would otherwise it should have found something AVG was missing.The only other one I have is Stinger it is for some specific viruses.& CWShredder.AVG is number 28.For me it seems to be working fine.

Guest philp

I'd like to vote, but I'm not using the 2005 version of PC-Cillin. 

Why do we have to have specific versions listed? Why not just PC-Cillin, Norton, AVG, etc.? 

nerver ever had anti virus program becuase your a noob if you do . WTF does it do take up more system memory.Trojan wow  never got one in my life . Norton big waste of time, a free spyware program will get more shit off then a virus program.Good hackers that can put trojans on your computer make there own so Norton cant find them.For a home user a waste of time. Half that bull shit *virus* are like ten years old that dont work or windows patched  the hole.

I'd like to vote, but I'm not using the 2005 version of PC-Cillin.

Why do we have to have specific versions listed? Why not just PC-Cillin, Norton, AVG, etc.?

If you read the very first post, you will see that I listed the software in order of performance as the tests results ranked them.

nerver ever had anti virus program becuase your a noob if you do . WTF does it do take up more system memory.Trojan wow never got one in my life . Norton big waste of time, a free spyware program will get more sh*t off then a virus program.Good hackers that can put trojans on your computer make there own so Norton cant find them.For a home user a waste of time. Half that bull sh*t *virus* are like ten years old that dont work or windows patched the hole.

There are plenty of viruses out that can affect you pc to the point of not functioning properly.

A free spyware program will on leave you half secure when it comes to viruses. It would lose to a good anti-virus program any day.

If you are happy with being unprotected, that's cool. I think you are infected right now, but just doesn't know it. Should run a scan, and not the weak online ones either.

I think you are infected right now, but just doesn't know it
or you have no clue of what your talking about  i view all my network useage through my manage switchs and view all connections being connected through my Nat router so i think i know whats going on . i

or you have no clue of what your talking about i view all my network useage through my manage switchs and view all connections being connected through my Nat router so i think i know whats going on . i

Viewing all your connections has nothing to do with a virus infecting your system. Without some type of anti-virus software, you are vulnerable to attacks hands down. Where do you get your critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs?  :haha:

Trust me dude, I pull my weight around here. I don't just post to argue over the internet. I try to enlighten people with every post and share information with others users. It's obvious that you are the type that thinks you know everything, so more power to you.

or you have no clue of what your talking about i view all my network useage through my manage switchs and view all connections being connected through my Nat router so i think i know whats going on . i

Whoa, what a crazy kid.  I think having some sort of virus protection is better than having none?  I mean, what's the point of not having any, it isn't like it uses soooooo many resources.  Especially not for someone who obviously has a BaDaSszzszzzz computer.  And do you give credit to testmy for that test your bandwidth thing on your site?  Just wondering.

Viewing all your connections has nothing to do with a virus infecting your system. Without some type of anti-virus software, you are vulnerable to attacks hands down. Where do you get your critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs?  :haha:

Trust me dude, I pull my weight around here. I don't just post to argue over the internet. I try to enlighten people with every post and share information with others users. It's obvious that you are the type that thinks you know everything, so more power to you.

Vulnerable how ???  first how would a virus get  on my system??? I think of a way going to dip shit sites and downloading exe that have virus  .... hmmm well how are they going to connect to my computer to *hack me*???? or what ever you think a virus does . If a virus gets on my system what is it going to do crash it hmm never had that happen so what  is this virus going  to do if theres nothing happening.... like wow no connections made to any sources of ip to send my info or NO connections that would connect and send my *so called credit card info or whatever*.... so think about it if it doesn't crash my system and no connections being made then who cares . good hacker are  going to get in, they will make there own back door  so no bull shit virus scanner is going to find that. 

Also man you said i think im a *big shot* lol look at you 

pull my weight around here. I don't just post to argue over the internet.
  lol man