3DMark score....My pc sucks.

SteveH11

Hey y'all,<br><br>I just ran 3dmark03 and scored a 4650. Seems really crappy, especially since the comparison PC's specs were less "zippy" than mine. I am running an AMD XP3200 @ 2.2GHz, The mobo I believe has a 400 MHz frontside bus. (I'm at work, I'll check for sure later.) 1gig pc3200 memory. ATI radeon 9800 pro 128 meg, soundblaster live 24 bit, 120 gig 7200rpm drive.  My benchmarks for memory on everest pro are pretty weak as well. shows me equal to to an old 1800 thunderbird with 512 meg pc100 mem. <br><br>Seems like the machine runs games ok. I play doom3 on "high quality" with only a few spots slowing down. Is 4650 as crappy a score as I think it is? Are there any safe adjustments I can make in the registry or in the bios to make sure I'm running optimally? I don't want to overclock as my last machine literally caught fire after upping a 100MHz frontside bus to 133. OOPS<br><br>Any help would be appreciated.<br>SteveH11

How ya doing Reno ? What's an average score for a decent machine ? I've seen scores up-wards of 10,000..but those are met with skepticism by others on their boards. BTW I'm running the latest drivers and DirectX 9C is installed as well. <br><br>Thanks for the response.<br><br>Steve<br><br>I know I'm not running the greatest of machines ...not even close, but it seems I'm not fully optimized.<br><br>As well I've found that my mobo runs my pc3200 memory at 2700, and my frontside bus is at 200MHz. I was contemplating going into the bios and attempt adjusting the cas latency, memory timing and whatnot but I seem to have a really mellow setup utility (Phoenix). I can't get into any advanced chipset modifiers. Probably better off. I understand a bit about this stuff , but nowhere near the genius of some of you. I can't afford a new machine so the nutty tweaking will have to wait.